locker room (angst & fluff)

Cw/Tw: Mentions of bullying, Self harm, Verbal & Physical harm mentions,

Benjamin has tormented Caleb for the past year and a half. The reasons differ, none of them valid. From the length of his hair to his sexuality, Benji has never backed down but always seemed hesitant. Upon walking in on Caleb in the locker room, everything unfolds.

[Calebs Pov]
"Caleb!" Benjamin shouts from across the field, laughing with his mates. "Why're you wearing that jumper in the summer, huh? You cut yourself?" They all burst out laughing, being silenced by the P.E. teachers whistle.

"Quit your laughing and get on with the game!" He yells, completely oblivious to what they just said to me.

I pick up my backpack from the large pile and make my way to the locker room, ignoring the teachers yelling.

I sit down on one of the benches, before deciding that I should change because I'm most definitely not going back.

I take off my sneakers and basketball shorts, replacing them with a pair of grey sweatpants and panda dunks.

I remove the jumper and the t-shirt underneath, rummaging around my bag for my other hoodie. "Fuck, fuck fuck!" I mumbled, failing at finding the hoodie. I stood in silence, half-dressed and about to cry.

Then I heard something, someone.

I turn around and immediately hide my arms behind my back, hiding the fresh cuts along my skin.

It turns out to be Benjamin, with the third nosebleed of this week, (Its Wednesday.)

"What're you staring at?" He asks, but its not the voice he uses around his mates. Its genuine and soft, not demanding an answer, just slightly uncomfortable.

"I could say the same to you." I reply, noticing his eyes flick up from my crotch to my eyes.

His face flushes red, before he notices the awkward position my arms are in.

"Why are you hiding your arms? Wait- You don't... Do you?" He stutters over almost every word, genuinely asking if I cut myself, like he and his mates joke about.

I bring my arms to my sides, letting out a shaky sigh.

The cuts circle both of my wrists, fresh red ones atop worn, brown scars. "Was that... My fault?" his breath hitches, his eyes water.

"Not just yours. Your mates' as well." A shiver runs down my spine, a tear rolls down his face.

"I'm sorry." He starts, his eyes trailing through all the lines along my arms.

"I know it doesn't mean anything and can't fix.. this, but I truly am sorry. I didn't know it actually went that far. My mates said it was just for fun and it wouldn't 'end up that bad' but it really did and is there anything I can do to help." he rambles, dozens of tears escaping his eyes.

"There is one thing that could help." I state, trying to cover the scars. "Why did you do it? For what reason?" I asked as his tears started to dry.

"Because." he shivered, hesitating to finish his sentence.

"Because what?" The frustration in me builds up, my fingers ball themselves into fists.

"Because... They said that- That if I targeted you. They wouldn't. They wouldn't tell you that I like you. That I am gay." He brings his hands to cover his face as his tears start up again.

He tries to stop them, walking over to his bag and pulling out a hoodie from it. "I know that you don't have another hoodie, wear this" He offers, passing me the grey shirt.

"Thank you" I say, both for confessing and for the hoodie.

"You like me?" I ask after a moment of silence, standing in front of him in his own hoodie.

"Yes."

I drag myself over to him, my arms wrapping around his waist as his wrapped around my shoulders.

We were roughly the same height, yet I'm taller by just a few inches. The hug was awkward, but felt amazing.

He hugged me with honesty and compassion, after confessing everything he did today, I can't help but feel like he needed this.

I pulled away from the hug, my hands still rested on his waist, as his stayed on my shoulders.

I closed the gap between our faces, our lips touching gently as fireworks bursted in my stomach. The kiss was as soft as possible, but made me feel like I was about to explode.

I don't know if kissing him was the right move, but it certainly felt amazing.

It sparked something in me.

He sparked something in me.

sorry for not updating for awhile, been moving houses and it absolutely sucks. not only am i having to pack and unpack SO much, im leaving my friends and my school. its only about an hours drive but i cannot drive and im too broke for taxis or busses 😭 thanks for reading and pls vote lolol