crystal balling (J.K)

Jennie x g!p reader

synopsis: Jennie insults a fortune teller, who in return puts a curse on Jennie.

Not believing in any of it, Jennie returns to her dorm, only to realize that she actually might have been cursed, and that nothing but his roommate slash greatest enemy Y/l/n Y/n seems to be able to help her.

--

Kim Jennie isn't superstitious.

She doesn't believe in things like faith or karma.

Don't even get her started on supernatural things. There could be an object levitating right in front of her nose and she'd blame it on the wind.

Which is why, when her best friend Jisoo asks her to go with her and take part in a free tarot session, she feels less than thrilled.

"No," Is her response, expression bored, eyes never leaving the screen of her Nintendo Switch. She's about to set a new record. She can feel it in the tips of her fingers.

She's only been playing for five hours straight and her eyes may feel like they're about to shrivel up inside her head from how dry they are, but she's about to set a new record. Nothing else matters right now.

Especially not her best friend bugging her about some new trend that has popped on campus, turning boys and girls into self-proclaimed psychics.

By reading cards ans twirling stones around in their hands.

Okay. Sure.

"But please?" Jisoo whines, placing her chin on top of Jennie's knees, jutting her lower lip out to look like a kicked puppy. Jennie spares her a glance and surppresses a smile before focusing back on her game, nudging the girl away with her knee but Jisoo immediately clings to her again, whining some more.

"Knock it off, Chu. You're gonna ruin my run!"

"Say yes and I will leave you alone."

Jennie groans. "Why can't you go with Roseanne?"

"She's visiting her family this weekend."

"So wait for her to get back."

"But you don't understand. The session is for free. Jihyo is the best at this school. Last time she told a girl from my Communications class that she was going to receive bad news by the end of the week and the girl's grandfather ended up passing away."

Jennie pulls a face. "That's really sad, and also nothing but a coincidence."

Jisoo stomps her feet like a toddler. "Do you know how much a session usually costs? And it's only this Saturday. I have to go. Please. Pretty please. I will do your laundry for a whole week."

"Hell no," Jennie scoffs. "I'm not even letting you near my dirtiest pair of underwear and bra."

Not after the incident back when they were freshmen, and were lucky enough to be roommates, and Jisoo somehow managed to not only completely shrink her favorite white sweater, but also make it look like a cat peed all over it after washing it together with one of her mustard yellow socks.

"It was an accident?"

"I'm not going with you Jisoo. Now fuck off. I'm about to break my own record."

"You can set that stupid record later! You haven't left your room the entire day."

"Yes and I don't intend to until that pile of wombat shit gets back. Which could be any minute now, so stop distracting me."

She's talking about her roommate.

Whose name must not be-

"Y/n?"