Ending Show

I walked onto the stage with EJ entering from the other side, the crowd started to applause but went silent when they saw me instead of Ricky.

EJ: How's that big show going?
Me: You don't want to know.
EJ: When were you going to tell me about this? Juilliard?
Me: There's nothing to tell.
EJ: Maybe there is. Heard you were talking to other schools. I mean is this serious?
Me: U of A isn't the only school that talked to me, Dad. You know this.
EJ: But it's the only school we talked about. Chad would be disappointed if you decided to change your mind.
Me: No, Chad would get over it. Would you?
EJ: Son, we used to go to U of A games all the time, ever since you were a little kid. All you talked about was wearing that Red Hawks uniform.
Me: But I'm not a little kid anymore, Dad. You raised me to make my own choices. And I've got to make them. Not you. Not Chad. Not anybody else. Me.
EJ: Troy. Come on, Troy.

The scene ended and went very well, now it was time for my solo. I walked off the stage as they got the area ready and Maddie gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and nudged me again as the song started.

The day the door is closed
The echoes fill your soul
They won't say which way to go
Just trust your heart
Voices in my head
Tell me they know best
Got me on the edge
They're pushin', pushin', they're pushin'
I know they've got a plan
But the ball's in my hands
This time is man-to-man
I'm drivin', fightin', inside of
(A world that's upside down)
It's spinning faster
What do I do now
Without you?
I don't know where to go
What's the right team
I want my own thing
So bad I'm gonna scream
I can't chose, so confused
What's it all mean
I want my own dream
So bad I'm gonna scream

Yeah, the clock's running down,
Hear the crowd getting loud
I'm consumed by the sound
Is it her?
Is it love?
Can the music ever be enough?
Gotta work it out!
Gotta work it out!
You can do it!
You can do it!

I don't know where to go
What's the right team
I want my own thing
I want my own thing
I can't chose, so confused
What's it all mean
I want my own dream
So bad I'm gonna scream
Oh, Ahhh!

I finished the song and earned an applause from the audience, including the cast members too. I stood up to see Miss Darbus (miss Jenn) walk towards me.

Me: Miss D? I know I'm not supposed to be here.
Jenn: Aren't you? Well, nor should I be at this hour. But I am trying to rebalance a show in which Sharpay now plays the role of Miss Montez. And the reason for your visit is?
Me: I don't know. I think I feel like this is a good place to...
Jenn: Scream? Feel free.
Me: Or just to think... you know.
Jenn: The stage is a wonderful partner in the process of self-discovery. And you seem very comfortable up there.
Me: I do?
Jenn: Which is why I submitted an application in your name to Juilliard.
Me: It was you?
Jenn: Better to consider opportunities now than in ten years when life may limit your choices. If I overstepped, I apologise.
Me: No, no, I'm not mad at all. I just... I'm just confused.
Jenn: What a life in the theatre has taught me is to trust one's instincts. And that takes courage. A quality that you don't seem to lack. Last one out turns off the lights.

We finished our scene and walked off as the room filled with clapping from the audience. I walked and finally found Ricky pacing around the room "hey, are you alright now?" I asked him "yeah, you can have a break. I'm going back on." Ricky spoke as he hyped himself up "that's great, you're going to smash it." I spoke as I gave him a hug "hey." I heard Red speak firmly as he entered the room "dude, I'm about to sing." Ricky spoke "you freaked me out earlier." Red spoke "what?" Ricky asked "before 'The Boys are Back' song. You looked like you'd seen a ghost or drank too much milk." Red explained "Why are you telling me this now?" Ricky asked "because I know you enough to know when you're in your head about something. And I just wanted to say, you are too hard on yourself. You've always been too hard on yourself. You're doing an incredible job out there. I love you, dude." Red spoke "I got into college," Ricky started "I got into city college." "That's huge." Me and Red said in sync "I know. I don't deserve it. I can't screw this up. I need to find a way to keep my grades up this semester, I feel like I have only one chance at a good future now." Ricky explained "do you want a hug?" Red asked, Ricky was hesitant but Red went in for a hug anyway which caught Ricky off guard but soon he relaxed into the hug "I love you too, dude." Ricky spoke before they separated and Ricky went onto the stage.

The show came to an end and we all gave our last bow then ran off into the changing rooms as we all cheered and screamed at one another, but also there were a few tears as well on most faces. We all packed our bags and ran outside and jumped into a limo and went on a drive as we screamed and shouted the words to our little disco in the back. We soon arrived at a diner to celebrate together with food, we all laughed and talked until it was 10:21pm, luckily the diner didn't shut til 12pm so we still had two hours to gossip and talk about anything at this point.

"Did Maddie get her present?" EJ asked me in front of the group, they all looked at me and I could feel my face going red "yeah, she did." I spoke with a smile then Maddie pulled out the gift from her bag "what is that?" Carlos asked. "That's a piece of wood from Shallow Lake, where my crush for Maddie grew everyday." I explained and everyone was in awe of the gift "what does it say?" Ash asked "it says 'Y/n Hearts Maddox'." Maddie answered "that's so cute Y/n." Ash spoke with a big smile.

It got late and we all made ourselves comfortable back in the limbo as we all got dropped off home, me and Maddie were the last ones out as we thanked the driver and walked slowly to my apartment with our hands intertwined together. Once I got to the door, I unlocked it and dropped all my stuff on the sofa and jumped into my pyjamas and laid down on my bed as Maddie did the same and fell on top of me and snuggled her head into my neck and kissed it too. I slowly drifted off to sleep as Maddie left delicate kisses all over my neck "I love you." She whispered "I love you too." I whispered back and we soon fell asleep tight together.

THE END

A/N: that is the end of this book, I hoped you enjoyed and loved reading it.