Ring Shopping

I slowly woke up from the bright light from the sun and saw that Maddox was still asleep, I quietly got out of the bed and headed downstairs to be met with Maddox's mother "morning." I spoke trying not to scare her "oh, morning Y/n. What are you doing awake at 8:37?" She asked "I wake up when the sun is out." I said with a shrug, she nodded her head and smiled. "There's some toast if you want that for breakfast." She spoke, I nodded and placed two pieces of bread in the toaster and grabbed some chocolate spread to place on top.

I waited for a minute and the toast finally popped out and I placed them on two separate plates to bring them up to Maddox in bed, I cleaned the mess I made from spreading the chocolate on the toast then carried both of the plates up to our room. Once I opened the door Maddox was awake and watching tiktoks on her phone "morning." I spoke with a smile, she rolled over and smiled at me "I got you breakfast." I added and handed her the plate "thank you." She spoke and finished eating it in seconds "was it good?" I asked and she nodded her head and placed the plate on her bed side table "I was looking at more ideas for our wedding." She spoke "we don't have to rush it." I spoke "I know but I want it to be the best wedding ever, we only get to do it once." She said sadly "only if we get a divorce, which will never happen." I spoke and she laughed at me.

We stayed in bed for most of the day until lunch time, we got dressed into casual clothes when Maddox's mum called us down for food. We walked down followed by Jet, Ricky and G as we walked into the kitchen and finished all the food that was nicely spread across the dining room table "seriously, you animals." Maddox's mum spoke directly to Jet and Ricky. They both looked at her with confused faces whilst I laughed "have you thought about wedding ideas?" G asked "we have actually." I answered "go on, tell us." She said "well, we definitely want it in the spring time." I spoke as that is the only thing that we are certain of. "I love the spring, especially the weather and the flowers." G spoke "exactly!" I agreed with a smile on my face as the excitement grew.

We spoke mostly about our ideas which most of them agreed on "Maddox, we have to go shopping." G spoke and Maddox quickly got up and headed towards the door but returned quickly and gave me a kiss on the lips then walked away and they both disappeared with the front door closing "what was that about?" I asked looking at the others "a shopping trip." Ricky spoke cluelessly "I know, idiot. Why the rush though?" I asked again but no one answered. I rubbed it off and carried on with my day of watching TV and looking through other wedding ideas with Maddox's Mom.

Maddox's POV:
Me and G rushed quickly out of the house as we had to attend a meeting with a ring specialist because I have already got Y/n's ring done in her size and perfect solid silver ring colour. We entered the shop to be welcomed by the guy who did the ring "is this what you wanted?" He asked holding the ring up to me, I took it in my hands and admired it closely to see words engraved on the inside 'forever love you' I smiled to myself as this was the biggest commitment I have ever made. "What is it?" G asked, I handed her the ring to show the engraved words on it "you guys are so loving, she will love that." G spoke and gave me a tight hug "just get married already." The guy asked unamused, I rolled my eyes and payed the man which he took with a massive smile.

We hung around town for a while and then headed home to see that Y/n, Ricky and Jet were all gone. "Hey Mum, where did everyone go?" I asked her once I found her in the kitchen "they went out shopping too, can I see the ring?" She asked excitedly, I showed her the ring and she absolutely loved it. "Gosh, this is such a lovely ring." She spoke and handed it back to me where I placed it back in the see through fabric bag and tied it up.

Y/n's POV:
Maddox and G have been gone an hour and it was getting close to my meeting with a ring specialist, I messaged Maddox to let her know and we headed out into town and met with the guy. I picked out a better ring for Maddox and got the guy to engrave the sentence 'forever love you' and he gave me a confused smile but shrugged it off and got to work, I paid the man and we head back home to be met with Maddox and G in the lounge "where did you?" Maddox asked me before I could take my shoe off "we went shopping, did you not check your phone?" I asked back "oh, you sent me a message." She spoke staring at the phone, I nodded and gave her a peck on the lips.

I found Maddox's Mum in the kitchen when the other two girls were in their rooms "let me see the ring?" She whispered to me, I pulled it out and she admired it closely and gave me the same expression as the guy did at the ring shop "why are you making that face? The guy at the ring shop made that face too." I spoke "well, I think you and Maddox went to the same shop for the rings that's all." She spoke with a smile but I know there's more but I won't worry about it "what's going on?" G asked and noticed the ring "can I see?" She asked, I nodded and she made the exact same face as everyone else "you went to the same shop as Maddox did." She spoke honestly "did we?" I asked, and she nodded her head "but, the ring is beautiful so don't worry about it." She added with a smile as she was impressed with my choice.

I hid the ring in my wardrobe on the top shelf where Maddox isn't tall enough to reach so it's the perfect spot but I will need to remember that, "hey Y/n." I closed my wardrobe to see Maddox's Mum standing in the doorway "yes, what do you need?" I asked "this might be a crazy question but would you like this house for you and Maddox?" She asked "why? Where would you live?" I asked back "I was thinking we could swap, I have your apartment and you can have my house." She explained "but my apartment is on the top floor, is that too much for you?" "No, it would be perfect. You two need the space anyways." She added with a chuckle "I'll think about it and ask Maddox what she wants to do." I said, she nodded her head and walked away.

The day was getting closer to the end and me and Maddox were in bed staring at the ceiling "what is it?" Maddox asked "your Mum wants to give us her house." I spoke "what?" She asked "yeah, she wants to swap with me. She would get my apartment and we would get this place." I explained "I do love this house, it's a great first house for us to bring up a family." She said "family?" I asked "yeah, I would hope we have a family." She said and I could tell she was smiling about having children in the future.

"We can talk to your Mum about the switch in the morning but right now I'm exhausted." I spoke with a yawn and Maddox cuddled up to me and rested her head on my chest "okay, good night." She said "good night." I spoke and kissed her forehead and we fell asleep.