Chapter Six

There they were. But it wasn't them. It was their lifeless bodies, dismembered, bloody, and strewn across the room. I ran past them and into their room, again stopping immediately in the doorway. I saw them, clear as day, my mother making the bed, and my father sitting in the chair next to the dresser, reading a book and smoking a cigar. I walked up to my mom and went to wrap my arms around her for one last hug. As soon as my skin hit hers, she dissipated into thin air. I looked around, and neither of them were in the room anymore. I ran down the stairs, past the attic doorway, and into the kitchen where my father's lunch of turkey sandwich and corn was sitting on the counter half eaten. Just then, Gianna's mom, Kim, grabbed my arm. "Sweety, you are going to come back to my house, and hang out until we have all of this settled.It will be okay,"

"You don't now that! Do you know who killed my parents? Do you know that I had a younger sister who was killed, probably by the same man? NO! You don't! So just stop. I don't need you to baby me! I don't need anyone to baby me!I understand that you are just trying to help, but honestly, its not doing much. I don't need anyone's sympathy right now! I just need to figure this out..." I yelled, letting out all of my anger and frustration. "Kim...I'm sorry. I didn't mean it.."

"No,no, honey. I understand, you're going through a lot right now. Anything you want or need just come to me."

"I need to figure out who killed my parents." Kim gave me a look full or sorrow and continued to  walk out of the house and down the street. I was trolling far along behind her,thinking about what has happened in the past half hour. I don't think that I have had so many events occur in such a short amount of time ever in my whole 13 years of living. We arrived at Gianna's house fairly quickly. Kim walked in, and Gianna walked out. She didn't say anything, just gave me a hug as we approached the steps.

Just then, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was him. He was peaking his head out from the bushes next to the flag, holding a plate and eating the other half my father's lunch. "G-G-GIANNA!! HE'S HERE! HE'S HIDING IN THE BUSHES! WHAT SHOULD WE DO? NOW HE KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE TOO!" I said in a panicked whisper, still making contact with his deep brown eyes that seemed like a bottomless pit. She let go of me and pulled me inside forcefully. We ran into her room, past Kim, and her two little sisters Lara and Lucia. She locked the door and moved her dresser to in front of the window. "Okay. Okay. Calm down. We need to be reasonably about this, right?" Gianna said.

"Can't we just sacrifice one of your sisters and be done with it?"

"I wish. Oh! You know that girl at school, Victoria? She said if i ever needed help with anything that I could just go over to her house. She's smart, I bet she would find a way to fix this. But, first we have to find a way out. I'm not sure if he is still out there or not. Come with me."Gianna replied. She ran into the kitchen and whispered something to her mom. Kim grabbed the younger girls and hurried them down into the basement. Gianna guided me into Kim's room, and started climbing out the window. I grabbed her arm. "Are you crazy??He's gonna see us!!"

"It's okay. We are up here, and the doors and windows are locked. My family is safe in the locked panic room that Kim had installed a while back . Anyways, it's too high for him to climb up here. I've got it planned out. Trust me." I nodded in agreement, and started climbing out behind Gianna.

We, carefully,  got to the highest, flattest part of the roof and started searching for the red headed man. I was looking the front of the house, and Gianna was covering the back. THERE! I saw him. He was sitting near the flowerbed, pulling out three flowers, all of the same color. I must have made a noise or something because he suddenly snapped his head up and stared in my direction. He smiled his crooked smile, and got up. He started running towards the front of the house, and kicked the door down. Whelp, I was not expecting that. Gianna turned around and gave me a worried look. He was on his way up to kill us, or do whatever he was going to do to us. I could hear his heavy footsteps running up the stairs and enter Kim's room. Soon after, he was on the roof about five feet away. He started walking closer, the smile on his face was growing. "G, we have to jump. That bush down there would cover our fall. It's okay. We have to go." I said. She nodded, making a face that showed that she thought my idea was crazy. I looked down, closed my eyes, and jumped.

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey y'all. It's me. This is my first author's note so I don't really know what to say. Will River survive? What will happen to Gianna's fam? The world may never know! Love ya! Peace out Hommies!