Chapter Ten

She ran inside and locked the door. I remember the click of the lock. I wanted to explain to her what happened. I needed to have another friend, forced or not. She needs to be my friend, she has to.

First, I went over and sat near the flower garden, which held 6 beautiful roses that were several different colors. I pulled out three of the same color, and I decided to come back to the house with the girl after I explained to her everything that happened, then we would bring the flowers to her family's graves.Then, she saw me. I was mortified, but I figured now that she had seen me, I might as well for talk to her-it's not like she was going anywhere!  So, I got up and I started kicking down the door. It was stubborn, but not the toughest door that I've had to break down in my lifetime. Finally, the wood cracked and I was in. I ran into the house looking around to find a way up and out. Once a staircase was spotted, I ran up the stairs almost as fast as I could. I ran up two, three at a time.

Until, finally, I reached the roof. I climbed out the window onto the roof and saw the face of my new friend. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't. The happiness that was building inside of me didn't let me speak. I just started to walk towards her, slowly opening my arms to go in for a hug. But, she started backing away. I don't understand!! I just want her to be my friend!!  She turned around to look at the the other girl that she was with. They started talking, very quietly so I couldn't make out what they were saying. Then, suddenly they jumped off of the top of the house into the bushes that lay underneath.  I heard their screams, but the screams were different from anything I had ever heard before. Delilah's scream sounded painful, and so did her parents' screams. But, this girl had a special scream that almost sounded like music. It was strange, and I got stuck in the moment, holding a gentle smile on my face. But, I knew what I had to do. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, I knew I could help those two girls. I ran out of the front of the house and saw them escaping from my view while they ran down the street together. The girl had a slight limp in her right ankle and I knew it would be easy for me to catch up to them. We ran down several different roads, I'm assuming to get some medical help, but then, the street ended. I saw that there was no way for them to run so I started to take my belt off, so we could tie it around the girl's ankle, of course. I learned in medical school that if you tie something around a swollen ankle, it helps heal it. I tied it into a noose shape, just because that was the only shape that I thought to tie it in. I tried to approach them, slowly, trying not to scare them any more than they already were. 

Just them, My old car had whizzed past me and shoved my body onto the ground. I was hit by my own car. The car that I made able to move on its own with my special mixture. I  was half conscious when I heard the girls cheering. Were they really that relieved that I was almost dying? They went up to my car, I could hear their footsteps. The girl I was chasing was more special than I thought. She had the power to see into the past. She saw my story, what happened to her sister and all of the bad memories that happened in my life. But what she didn't see was what happened to me even earlier than what happened with her sister. My mother used to abuse me. I would get beaten with the wooden spoon in the kitchen and then my father would come home and I would get beaten with his belt. My parents made me the way I am, she would tell me that I needed more friends and that I could never get a girl. So now I'm trying to get this girl to be friends with me, so I can make my mother and father proud.