Chapter Nineteen

My eyes immediately started to tear up. Gianna? Hoe on Earth could it be Gianna? Why?

My head was spinning. I felt like I was trapped in the eye of a tornado, screaming for help and looking over to see Gianna smiling and waving. I stood up and started pacing back and forth. The sheriff decided to step out and give us time to absorb what had just happened.

"Well....what do we do now?" Victoria said, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, what do you do when you figure out your best friend knew about every horrible thing that was happening and helped those people who were doing it?" I screamed back. The anger trapped inside my small body was bubbling up and being released through my words. Trying to contain myself, I sat down and looked at the floor. "Sorry guys...this is just a lot to handle...it isn't right to take my emotions out on you. Do you have any suggestions of what we should do?"

"We need to go confront Gianna and those men. See what they want from you. It's the only thing that will stop all of this madness. The tricky part is finding them though...Gianna probably knew that you were gonna go to the police for fingerprints and figure this out, she's gotten so close to you which allows her to predict your thoughts and actions. Where would she think you would think to go?" Dylan spoke up.

"The place where it all started." With that, I got up and walked out of the room. I could imagine the siblings giving each other a confused look, but eventually trailing behind me. We said goodbye to the sheriff and went back to the "hotel" to get our things.

Aaaand, we were off to the one place I dreaded going back to the most. It took a couple hours, but we finally reached the destination. We entered the house quietly and slunk up the stairs to my attic. I opened the door and saw three monsters sitting in the middle of the room.

"Glad to see you made it!" Gianna said, standing up, gesturing those other fools to follow her.

"We aren't here to play games. " At this point, Gianna gave Clover a slight head nod and he walked up in front of me, our faces about a foot away from each other. The colossal man flashed his signature crooked smile, allowing a deathly odor creep out of his mouth. Before I could slip away, a stinging pain was clawing at my jaw.

I stumbled backwards, holding my jaw, shocked at what had just happened. "You wanna throw hands you psychotic bitch? Okay, let's fight." I stepped forward, striking him in the gut (partly because that's all I could reach). Just then, Dylan pushed me back and began beating the shit out of Clover, getting struck a few times himself.

This time, Clover's brother stepped forward and grabbed Dylan off of Clover, holding him back so Clover could beat him until he couldn't stand and had a few broken bones. Well, Victoria wasn't having it, so she looked over to me, signaling me to help her pull the men off of Dylan and beat them ourselves.

And we did just that.

Victoria ran full force into the middle of the situation and drop kicked Clover, meanwhile I pulled his brother off of Dylan and pummeled him to the ground. When Victoria and I got the two men on the ground, Dylan grabbed rope from the corner and tied both of their arms and legs together, as well as tying Gianna.

We sat them down in a line and stood above them, asserting our dominance. The three of us, fairly injured, had time to gather ourselves together in order to get into the tough emotional stuff.

"Tell me what is going on. Why are you helping them? Why are they out for me and my family? I want answers." I said in a demanding voice, just hoping not to crack and expose my true emotions. This is it. This is the final confrontation. After this it will all be over.

" Well, my dearie," Clover said smiling, trying to wiggle out of the binding, " We only started targeting you when our dear friend, Gianna, came to us in need of our help."

What the actual fuck?

I turned to Gianna, hoping this wasn't true, just to see that she was smiling as well. She began to speak in a clear, confident tone, "River, poor, sweet, oblivious, River. You're a bitch. A useless, cowardly bitch that uses other people in order to get what she wants and be who she wants. You say you don't care about labels or what other people think about you, but secretly you do. You care that people think you're weird and creepy because you spend all of your time in this stupid attic. And in order to get people to think your normal, you picked me as a friend, thinking if you had a friend people wouldn't think you were so weird. In  doing this, you started to walk all over me, using me to make a better image for yourself and take advantage of my willing friendship. At one point, I realized what you were doing, and I was totally over it. So, before the old insane asylum shut down a few years back, I found Clover and began to visit him regularly. Eventually, he told me his story that linked up with your family, and I took advantage of the negative connotations we had with you. I was the one who took him and his brother in when the old place shut down and turned into the hotel. We came up with this elaborate plan to scare you, then kill you and we almost finished it, but you just had  to survive that fight. Without you in my life, I could do so much more, I could be popular, have lots of friends and have the hottest boyfriend, but being associated with you doesn't allow me to be that way. Sooo...getting rid of you was the best option, for all of us." I looked over to Clover and his brother, sitting on either side of Gianna, smiling and nodding.

With that, I walked over to her, crouching down in front of her, I stared into her soul then took my hand and slapped her so hard across the mouth that her caramel colored skin had shown a bright red handprint. I whispered, "Fuck you." She wasn't even worth my time, so I chose not to tell her off and contradict all of the points she made. Instead, I stood over her, spat, and proceeded to turn around and walk down the stairs into the kitchen.

Finally I picked up the phone and dialed the number of the detective. "Detective, we got them. 296 Pinecrest road. See you soon."

____________________________________________________________________

(not edited)

Hey loves, did you enjoy the chapter? Sorry it was kinda long, but it needed to be. I think one more chapter of this book and then I'm done! After two years of writing on and off, I'll finally finish a book....weird.

Comment what you thought, I'd love to hear your feedback!

Thanks babes, see ya on the flip side!