Being Nice

As the days went by of which Li Weiwei started her operation of avoiding her miserable upcoming death, Li Qin, her brother couldn't help but feel suspicious of his sister's sudden change in behavior. For years, Li Weiwei had been the spoiled princess of the family, always get what she wants even if it's against their parents' wishes and always causing trouble. But recently, she had started to turn her life around.

She had been nothing but nice to the people around the mansion. She quit being mean every second she gets. She started to study very well, and developed hobbies such as cooking, dancing, and painting. Li Qin couldn't understand what had prompted this transformation, and it made him uneasy.

One evening, as they sat in the garden taking tea time, Li Qin decided to confront her. "Li Weiwei," he began cautiously, "I've noticed you've been acting differently lately."

Li Weiwei glanced at him, a faint smile on her lips. "Is it that obvious?"

Contrary to Li Weiwei's calm composure, she's screaming internally, "of course I need to change nicely to get on your good side!"

Li Qin nodded. "Yeah, it is. I mean, it's great that you're making positive changes in your life, but it's just...unexpected."

Li Weiwei sighed, her expression turning serious. "I know I haven't always been the best sister, and I've made some terrible decisions in the past. But I realized that I need to change, not just for myself but for our family too."

Li Qin's suspicion didn't vanish entirely. He had grown so accustomed to Li Weiwei's reckless behavior that her transformation felt surreal. "I want to believe you, Weiwei," he admitted, "but it's hard not to be skeptical."

Li Weiwei reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I understand why you feel that way, but I promise I'm trying to be a better person. You'll see."

Li Qin nodded, still unsure, but willing to give his sister a chance. Deep down, he hoped that Li Weiwei's newfound determination was genuine and that their family could finally find some peace.

The halls of Empyrean Heights Academy were abuzz with the usual teenage drama, and at the center of it all was Li Weiwei, usually she is known for her sharp tongue and mean-spirited attitude. With her perfectly styled hair, designer clothes, and an air of superiority, she ruled the school with an iron fist. She relished in belittling her classmates, making fun of their clothes, and spreading rumors like wildfire. It seemed like no one was safe from her cruelty.

One sunny morning, as the school bell rang, Li Weiwei walked down the bustling hallway with her group of equally snobby friends. Those so-called friends exchanged sly glances and whispered giggles, plotting their next victim. Their target for the day was Song Jia, the new student who was known for her kind heart and her hand-me-down clothes.

But as the snobby friends approached Song Jia, and started bullying her, something unusual happened. Ignoring her friends' snide remarks, Li Weiwei approached Song Jia. "Hey, Jia," she said hesitantly, "I like your shoes. They're unique." Her friends gasped in shock at her sudden change in demeanor.

Song Jia looked up, surprised by Lily's compliment. "Th-thank you," she stammered, her eyes wide with disbelief.

Li Weiwei sighs inwardly, she cannot let these mean girls dumbly begin her tragic end. The heroine is innocent and kind, it's such a shame to be her enemy.

As the clock struck 8:30 AM, the entire school seemed to hold its breath in anticipation. And then, they arrived.

First, there was Chen Wu, tall and athletic with a signature smirk that could melt hearts. He walked confidently, his dark hair tousled just right, wearing a varsity jacket that hinted at his athleticism.