Frame

The the sun painted the morning sky in warm hues of pink and orange, Li Weiwei, set off on her daily routine. Today was different, though, for she had an early mission before school: a shopping trip to her favourite mall. She had been meticulously planning this trip. With her backpack slung over her shoulder and a sense of purpose in her step, she entered the mall's vibrant atrium.

Unbeknownst to Li Weiwei, the mall was also the playground for Mei Xinyu, the school's self-proclaimed villainess, and her clique of snobby friends, surprisingly she is with the heroine, Song Jia.  Today, her sights were set on Li Weiwei, a seemingly easy target.

Li Weiwei gracefully made her way through the boutiques, collecting the essentials she needed for school. The villainous Mei Xinyu, with a mischievous glint in her eye, spotted her across the busy mall. She leaned in to her friends, Song Jia and whispered her wicked plan.

"Watch and learn, my dears," Mei Xinyu sneered, her designer sunglasses perched on her nose. "We're about to make our dear Weiwei's life miserable."

With a posse of teenage fashionistas in tow, Mei Xinyu approached Li Weiwei, who was obliviously browsing through a rack of items. She put on her sweetest fake smile and tapped Li Weiwei on the shoulder.

"Weiwei! Fancy seeing you here," she cooed.

Li Weiwei turned around, surprised to see Mei Xinyu and her minions. "Oh, Xinyu, hi! What brings you here?"

Mei Xinyu's tone was saccharine. "We were just about to have a little shopping spree ourselves, you know."

"N-nice to see you Li Weiwei.." The Female lead greets Li Weiwei politely.

One of Mei Xinyu's friends  grabbed an expensive-looking necklace from a nearby jewelry store and hid it in Li Weiwei's bag, all the while making sure her actions were concealed.

"But it seems there is a missing piece of jewelry in the mall. Ling Jie said she saw you picking up something from the same rack. Did you, by any chance, take it?"

Li Weiwei's brows furrowed in confusion. She knew she had only picked up a few items from there and there, and the jewelry Mei Xinyu was talking about was nowhere near shops she went to. "No, I haven't seen any jewelry, Xinyu. I'm just here to grab some stuff."

Mei Xinyu's eyes sparkled with triumph, knowing she had Li Weiwei right where she wanted her. She dramatically gasped, bringing a hand to her chest. "Are you saying you didn't take it, Weiwei? Well, that's odd because Ling Jie and Song Jia can vouch for it. They saw you, didn't you, girls?"

Ling Jie nodded obediently, reinforcing Mei Xinyu's deceitful story. "I'm not s-sure, I didn't see anything." Song Jia stammers.

Li Weiwei felt a wave of irritation wash over her, as she realized Mei Xinyu was off to no good and trying to frame her for theft. But she wasn't about to back down. With a steely resolve, she reached into her designer bag and retrieved her own jewelry set, surely one more luxurious than Mei Xinyu's said jewelry, and held it up.

"You must be mistaken, Xinyu," Li Weiwei said calmly. "I have my own jewelry, and it's far more expensive than any other jewelry in this mall. I have no need to take anyone's."

Mei Xinyu's snobby friends exchanged nervous glances as Li Weiwei's confidence began to expose their leader's plot. Song Jia voiced out, "I also believe in Li Weiwei, I don't think she is the type of person to do this."

Mei Xinyu looks deadly in Song Jia's eyes, making her gulp in nervousness.

Mei Xinyu's face flushed with embarrassment, her plan unraveling before her. "Well, I never! I must have been mistaken, then," she stammered.