June 28, 1988

Seattle International Airport

Charlie Pov ("")

I just came back from visiting my princess and it's crazy how I can't wait to go back. Renee let me know after her birthday they're moving to Phoenix, Arizona. She said it's about time for that to happen. I was walking back to luggage pick up and I bumped into someone, i immediately stop to see if they're okay I reached down to pick up their book to hand it to them and I locked eyes with my first love Selene Delvaux. " Hi, long time no see?" 'OMG Charlie? How are you?' Selene asked. "I'm okay, what brings you back to town?" 'Oh um would you like to grab some coffee to catch up?' Selene suggested.

Blune Cafe
Selene Pov

'It's so good to see you, I heard you had a child. Congratulations. I came back for my family, I love New York but I missed the forests.' " So I'm guessing since you've heard about my daughter you've heard about my divorce" Charlie asked mischievously. ' Yes I heard but I thought it would've been a sore subject to bring up, oh a girl what's her name?' "Bella Marie Swan, she is truly the light of my life, I always thought it was unsavory when it came out of other people's mouths." Charlie laughed.

Charlie Pov

We sat there for hours so I offer he a ride back home for my babbling about Bella. It was good to see her and it brought a lot of feeling back up the good and the bad

flashback

Forks Middle School- 1970s

'Charlie!' Selene called but then she hated that name and went by her middle name Nia. 'Guess what? I won the scholarship i'm going to London!' Nia exclaimed. "What! Congratulations I'm so proud of you, so you'll leave after high school?" 'No silly I'll leave in a couple of months, but before anything I want us to spend as much time together as possible because I won't see you till after college.' Nia said "Don't go! I'll miss you too much, and who know I might be married when you come back. So don't go and after high school we'll marry and live happily ever after like our parents.' Charlie rushed. 'What? Charlie what are you talking about...... Hey do you remember the promise we made when we were six? How we'll always support each other and come back together at the end because we're meant to be?' Nia said. "But I don't want to..I mean we're so close to where we promise we'll be so why change it? If you won't stay we won't be together anymore" Charlie said. With tears running down her face she looked at the boy she loved since she was six. Heart broken Nia said the one thing Charlie didn't think she'll say, He must've forgot she's stubborn and head strong. With tears rolling down her face she said 'Let break up, I don't want to be with a mean person like you anymore.' And with that she gave him back the bracelet he made when he asked her to be his girlfriend. flashback end.

On the Road

Charlie Pov("")

"Do you remember when I gave you that plastic proposal bracelet?" 'Oh my goodness yes, what made you bring that up?' Selene asked. "I was just thinking about the last time you ever talked or looked at me. I don't mean to bring the mood down at all, but I owe you an apology." " Charlie we were twelve years old it was a long time ago and I have forgiven you.' Selene laughed. "I know but it's because of you I knew my relationship with Renee was over." 'Oh yeah, how so?' Selene asked. "Well frankly you reminded me to get my head out my ass and actually listened. You taught me that, so thank you." 'Well I don't think I ever been complimented like that and I honestly feel as though I broke up a marriage.' Selena laughed. "Oh no, I mean your breaking up with me in middle school brought back memories when my daughter was born and that's when I knew I was being  bone-headed. It truly was a compliment." 'Well thank you.' Selena joked.

Pulling up at my empty house was starting to feel like dread but I dropped Nia off at her parents house. With my diner take-out I walk into my house to sit down and eat. After I've eaten I take my developed family photos and start putting them in frames to hang in my living room. I do have a family photo of Renee, Bella, and I in a tiny frame in her room. After I hung photos up I grabbed a beer to decompress.

I woke up on the couch again, good thing it was just an hour. I get up to clean everything up head upstairs for my night routine and go to bed. In my mind I have to find something special for my princess birthday.