Untangling

Pink Hour Cafe

Third Person Pov

Renee could admit that she was jealous, she's jealous of the man Charlie is now and wonders why he wasn't this when they were married. She thought maybe they'd turn out differently but deep down in the part of her she didn't want to accept she knew it wasn't meant to be. Charlie and her stayed together long enough for Bella and she wouldn't change that for the world, but she's jealous. How come Selene got his better version and she didn't i mean yes he finally saw their failing marriage but she did hope that this change man would give them another shot instead of calling it off. She was delusional. It was hard for her to be a single parent and trying Marie to come down to help her with Bella was like pulling teeth, she's tired, overworked, underpaid, and overstimulated. But if she admits it that means she failed as a mom. She was tired.

Renee Pov

Thanks to Charlie's description I saw a beautiful woman sitting toward the back by the window of the cafe. Here goes nothing.

'Selene? Or is it Nia?' "It's whatever you feel comfortable calling me. Hi, it's nice to finally meet you, Renee." Selene stated. 'Okay, you have me here what was so important of a conversation that could've been a phone call?' "Well, I thought it was important to establish boundaries and have open communication with all of us." 'OK, you still haven't said anything about it.' Okay, how about we start with this hostility you have against me so go ahead and lay it on me. Tell me your grudges so that we can move on productively." 'You do not get to patronize me right now It's you that needs me let's make that clear.' Renee barked in anger. " OK, I hear you so keep going because belief or not it was not patronizing or disrespectful in any way I'm giving you the space you need to vent and I and everyone around you can see you need it because there's no room for resentment in this... anger is fine I don't give two fucks about anger but what I need is everything on the table. I'll go first, you are a delusional person but I also admire how you handled the divorce, and being a single mom I know it's hard and not first hand but I empathized. So why I think you're delusional is because you want Charlie and deep down you know the Forks wasn't the only reason the relationship didn't last the fire burnt out quickly as well. I don't doubt that you love Charlie because if not you wouldn't have married him. So this is the last time I'm asking because unlike my boyfriend I will not coddle disrespect". Selene states 'Okay and you think yours isn't, let me guess you got pregnant on purpose right? Well, you talked about need and mine is Charlie here helping me, and you gone. I don't give a damn about what you think of me, you're the slut and I'm the wife.' "Ex, Ex-wife. You're right my two cents will mean nothing to you so let me put it in layman's terms for you. I wanted us to have a conversation about me being in Bella's life I wasn't hoping for a kumbaya but just cordial or civil but let's end this here. I'm not your competition I'm not here to still your role in Bella's life and I'm not the slut. I'm the girlfriend he chose and you do have a point our flame might sizzle just like yours but there's a difference between us, I know when to move on and I know when to hold on. I truly hope you get help. Goodbye, Renee.

                                         Ya'll are the best. Thank you for reading.