New Beginnings

^Bella Bracelet^

Charlie Pov ("")

December 3, 1988

Without even thinking about it Nia and I became the best of friends again, hell she even taught me how to cook a little so when I visit Bella we don't have to survive off of take-out. Over the past few months we have gotten closer and I truly treasure our friendship. Today the deputies had to work overtime and guess who decided to show up with dinner.

Hey deputy, I heard that you and the boys were working overtime with a couple disappearing. Now i'm not here to disturb so I brought some food for you guys with my famous devil chocolate cake. I'm tweaking my recipe so please be honest with me. Don't work too hard and good luck gentlemen' Nia said. Before she could she got in her car Charlie caught up to her. "Hey, you didn't have to do all this but thank you for looking after us." 'Hey that's what friends are for' Nia said. Rubbing the back of his neck Charlie decided it was time to stop beating around the bush and ask her out. "I know we just got back on steady ground but would you like to go out with me some time?" Nia pressed her lips together trying not to laugh at his cuteness. 'Sure, it took you long enough. how about New Years Eve i know a place.' Nia smirked. Charlie nodded his head and kissed her checks. He opened the door for her to get in and bid her good bye.

When he turned around he saw his co-workers digging in the food and hollered "Save some for me you monsters!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over Christmas Charlie went to Phoenix to spend time with his princess and they had a great time together after the celebration he had the chance to put his little girl to bed. After some cuddles and kisses he went to help Renee clean up.

Charlie Pov

'Hey thanks for giving her a memorable Christmas, we both know she probably won't remember it but I appreciated it. Being a single mom really getting tough.' Renee said. "Is the support checks helping if not I have no problem going through the court to raise it." "Oh no, that's not it i'm just exhausted and I feel like I don't get enough time in the day to really make memories, you know what I mean?' "I can't truly empathize with you but I get the gist of it. How about sometime in January I come and get her and take her in forks for a week or so, so that you can reset and rest. I swear we'll call you every night so she can hear you." 'You truly don't understand how good that sounds, that'll be amazing but you're right i'll miss her so much. Thank you Charlie.' "Hey we're a team. But if i'm being transparent I have to tell you I'm going to start dating, it's nothing serious I will never bring anyone around my daughter if it's not serious or without running it by you. And I hope you feel the same way." 'Charlie our divorce just settled not even a year ago and you're already back on the dating scene? Honestly I didn't expect for you to be ready to date. Who is she? Do I know her?' Renee rattled out. "Whoa Renee, now I have to reiterate that its the beginning stages and I just asked her out earlier this month. Trust me Renee have I ever been dishonest with you? And no she will not be around Bella while she's there I've been let her know that my daughter comes before anyone." 'You're damn right she won't be coming around because my daughter is not coming up there so you can have your whores around!' Renee whispered. "Okay Renee let me be crystal clear, the person I decided to ask out we are going slow because I'm a father and also a divorcee. I have no plans on jumping into a serious relationship and i'm sorry Renee you need to calm down before you wake up Bells, Ok?" 'Fine okay, that doesn't mean i'm happy about this but you're right about one thing I do trust you with our daughter.' "Thank you, I'm going to head to the motel and I'll be back over here by 6:00 am so you can go pick up Marie from the airport. Goodnight."

By the end of the year my parents health declined badly so I called Renee to come and get Bella earlier so she could see her grandparents again. By then I cancelled the date with Nia but to my surprise she pulled up at the hospital to take me out for a breather. It was great we didn't talk she just let me be and with that it was tears, I will forever be grateful for that. By January the 5th I had my princess with me we got so many pictures and videos with her grandparents it almost as if time stood still for those three weeks but by the first of February my brother and I was burying our parents it was the hardest time of my life I wanted to be with my princess but I knew this environment wasn't going to be good for her. With me mourning I worked overtime after overtime to save to go see Bella, I needed her in my life more than ever. It took Nia to call me out on it. She told me to go to therapy but I shut that down until she some how convinced me to go. It was hard and a lot of tears was shed. But what I took from it changed my life forever. Months after my parents death I got promoted to junior sheriff and Nia finally took me out on a date, I still called my daughter as often as possible without raising Renee's phone bill. Nia and I decided to take it slow.

May 26, 1989

Nia Pov ('')

I waited the allotted time for the test hoping that it was not positive, not yet. Charlie is prepping to take Bella on vacation, my business is just starting up and Charlie is making his way to sheriff. Not right now but later when Charlie and I are settled. The alarm went off and my sister Ana bust in, I admit i'm too nervous to look. 'So?' "Congrats sis, i'm going to be an aunt?" I got her tone. 'I'm going to be sick, This can't happen he's just lost his parents his world is changing, shit my world is changing!' My sister kneel down beside me holding my hair and rubbing my back. "I know sis but we got your back. So are you going to tell him now or when he gets back?" 'I don't know, but i'm terrified Ana.' Ana reassured me as I thought of ways to break the news to him.

Charlie Pov (")

I'm so excited to spend time with my Bells, she's turning two in four months and I couldn't be happier because Renee agreed to have it here at my place. As i was getting the luggage the basement I head the door bell. I ran up to see Nia outside, I know we agreed to take it slow but one thing I left out in my therapy sessions is that Nia that night of my parents health crisis and I slept together but we still decided to and take it slow. I opened the door to pull her in my arms. She seemed stiff so I asked her. "What's the matter? You're not happy to see me?" I joked with her. I can tell you I wasn't ready for what she said next. 'Charlie, I'm sorry.' She took our a pregnancy test and with her expression I know it's positive but I want to know why did it talk her so long to notice. I mean I can blame myself as well because I had no clue. All I did was pull her into a kiss then hug while whispering sweet nothing to calm her down. I know her business is just taking off so it's not the right time for a baby. I'll be lying if I don't have a small hope she'll want to keep it.