Holy wonders

Few hours later Koi was woken by the smell of tasty food. Sleepily he put his glasses on. Outside the storm dissolved and some natural light let Koi see the paper bucket full of fried chicken tenders and a wrapped present right in front of him. Beside them was a note in Lucky's artsy handwriting: "I know you had fun baking - At least you laughed when I threw dough at your face. You might yell at the others, but you can't stop me from wishing you a merry christmas". Indecisive about the gesture Koi just stuffed one chicken tender into his mouth and squinted at the present. In the main hall were laying only the usual members that always slept there. In an hour, handing out the christmas presents was on schedule.

Anyway, another problem occured, as he saw Kiki and Zigz on the stairs above him - both having trouble breathing. Zigz calmed: "Everything's gonna be fine. It's just a birth". Cramping Kiki held her round belly: "I know that!". "I'm talking to myself", he fell to panic. Since that didn't have anything to do with the holiday, Koi asked: "Did your water break?". Strained Kiki nodded: "When you're awake already, can we ask of you to look after Jurij? He shouldn't miss out because of us. I can't tell whether the baby's going to plop out right away or if we'll see each other days later. Wish me luck. And him". She pointed at the hyperventilating Zigz, while tumbling towards the exit.

Sighing Koi dropped his head back into the pillow first. For now nothing had started. So he grabbed the soft and very bendable present to open it. A special sweater peeked out.

~~~

Still half asleep Ilus gathered his men to hand out and unwrap the gifts. Of course he noticed: "We are missing three planned people. Where are the blown out lightbulb, my pregnant cousin and her son?". All looked around puzzled. Koi joined with Jurij: "Kiki's contractions started, they're in the hospital right now". Even though he explained, the others were irritated to see him standing there with a christmas hat and a cuddly sweater. But Lucky quickly smiled when he realized that Koi seemed to like the blue sweater with two koifish on it.

Ilus collected himself fast: "They didn't even send a text. I hope she's doing fine right now". "Rather worry about Zigz", Koi shook his head and put Jurij down, "Go now, get your presents". Before he joyfully jumped into the mountain of gifts, he gleamed at Koi with big eyes: "But I don't want pwesents, when- uh... when mommy and daddy aren't there". "Shouldn't you just be happy about new toys at your age?", he looked down on him indifferent. Jurij just sat down in front of his feet and remained stubborn: "I wait".

Hissing Koi dropped down beside Lucky and grumpyly stared at the ground. In the meantime, the others went on. Lucky smirked at him from the side: "You look like you want to say something". Growling Koi pulled out a small box from his pocket and smacked it into Lucky's crotch, followed by a middle finger: "Fuck you too". Surprised Lucky asked and started opening his gift: "You actually got me something? When did you do that?". Out of the box he picked up a miniature replica of his sports car. Lucky had to smile: "That's very cute". "Shut it and have fun with that thing. It's nothing big and not of much worth", he muttered. "But it is highly sweet of you", he bumped his shoulder, "Thank you".

Ilus observed the situation and mumbled to himself: "Did he really drag him to the fun side?". Henry jumped at him: "It's your turn". He squinted at the package: "You didn't actually get me something. Henry, we had an agreement. We don't gift anything to each other and therefore we'll take a nice hot bath together later on". "I can give that to you any time your heart calls for it, but this here is something special", he insisted, "I already bought it". "Nothing can be as special as you", he took it with rolling his eyes. What he unpacked, was a small figurine of him and Henry on his motorcycle. He was stunned: "Where did you get this from?". "A special order", he winked. Grumbling he kissed him: "Now I don't have anything for you". But the Teddy just shrugged it off with a satisfied smile.

After they finished, all admired their new presents. Some, like Ilus, called their family to wish a happy holiday. In such a nondescript moment no one would expect somebody to start yelling. And Henry didn't even mean it seriously when he adressed Lucky and Koi underneath the mistletoe: "Oh gee, you really are a magnetic field to that scrub". Lucky wanted to justify: "Oh come one, we're talking here all the time. All year around. What's your deal with this stinking little-?", Koi interrupted loudly: "You know what?! The whole time y'all have been trying to convince me about the good thing in all of this! I know you're trying to manipulate me! You too, Joel McCauley, I saw through all your plans, you dirty little elf! 'Cause I'm way smarter than that! Y'all are trying to stuff me into this christmassy shit of a family-like frame and can't just let me chill at my laptop in peace! I'm done with being pressured by you! You know what?! You know fucking what?!".

Lucky activated a pre-saved timer in his phone titled "Koi's tantrums", since he expected the funniest insults which he all wanted to write down in his notes. There Koi grabbed Lucky, thrusted him against the door frame and pressed their lips violently together. With twisted looks the gang members watched them while aggressively making out, which didn't take longer than half a minute. Puffing Koi raised both his middle fingers towards his co-workers: "Here, merry christmas!". Afterwards, he left for the kitchen and slammed the door shut. Shark asked: "Lucky, you okay?". Baffled he still leaned against the door frame and didn't move. But a numb smirk broke out of him and he lifted the collar of his hoodie multiple times to let some air in: "Yeah... Yeah, everything's wonderful...". Drifted into another universe he breathed and stumbled up the stairs. Shark mumbled: "If Zigz had seen that...".

As if he was heard, he recieved a call from Zigz' number. He also told the entire gang: "Zigz is calling". Anxious they gathered around Shark as he picked up the video call. The group was deeply shook first to see Zigz with such swollen eyes from crying, no one dared to ask. But in the background Kiki sounded: "Stop whining now". He could only shake his head and whimper: "She's gorgeous...". Trembling he pointed the camera at the sleeping newborn in Kiki's arms.

Henry smiled widely: "You gave birth to a girl. Congratulations". The others also spoke their congrats. But all started laughing, when Zigz sniffled: "I'm actually a father..." and Kiki answered grinning: "Get yourself together, pussy". Ilus was curious: "And which name won?", meanwhile he pointed at the long list of suggestions from the entire gang. The parents exchanged a look and smiled simultaneously: "Talita". Proudly Shark smirked and his shoulders were patted. Dexter praised: "Her godfather made the right suggestion". Kiki reminded: "You're all family", while cuddling Zigz' head.