~Ilus' story~

Within two weeks they took over an abondened house in the suburbs and made it their hideout. One evening a group of adult men entered uninvited. The children looked at them scared, but after the group surveyed them shortly, they ignored them. As if they weren't there, a part of the group opened a plastic bag filled with more tiny plastic bags. The other part gave them a briefcase of money. The bags stayed in the house with that one part of the group. Quickly they parted ways and the others disappeared with the money.

Wide-eyed Zachary looked after the men with all the dollar bills, while Ilus slid over closely to Mitya. The men who stayed there unpacked the powdery content of some bags and started heating them up on a spoon. Mitya, afraid himself, dragges his brother to a different room. On edge they locked their eyes on what happened in the kitchen. Emily and Zachary stayed there. The latter one simply took the drugs away from the strangers before they could get high.

Obviously that provoked the consumers: "What's the deal, kid? Give our shit back, you ain't getting any of it". "Give me cash, or I'll call the police", he threatened. They laughed at him and couldn't take him seriously: "Why should we listen to you? Scram, before it'll hurt you". Suddenly he drew a gun and Emily took a knife. Some syringes were ready on the ground. Quickly Zachary grabbed them, injected the men the drugs and waited for the effect to take place - making him able of robbing their pockets. His sister helped, though she doubted: "Why did you do that?". "Maybe they would have hurt you", with those words he pushed the strangers outside.

In the following he counted their earned money. It was by far not as much as they had in the briefcase, but it was surely more than they had before. In a state of shock Ilus whispered: "Zachary...". "It's either them or us. And they're already gone", he explained.

After this incident they barely played together anymore, Mitya more or less kept Ilus from doing so. They felt uncomfortable going shopping in the city from this money. Especially as Mitya felt that they were being followed. At once they were attacked and in a blink of an eye they sat tied up in the back of a van. Their destination was a nouveau riche mansion.

Where the doors opened, Mitya screamed into his gag - terrified to the bone. The man in front of them took his sunglasses off as he widely smiled: "Isn't it a nice surprise to meet you here? Did you know that I live in Los Angeles? Mitya, did you miss me?". Ilus' entire body tensed up, while his brother fell into a panic attack. Zachary pushed himself together with Emily into a corner. They all were dragged out into the mansion anyway.

They were sat on the ground in a line. Since Mitya didn't stop screaming and jolting around, he was slapped once by the man, so he just quietly whimpered. Ilus' gag was removed and he got asked: "Tell me, what are you two doing here in pretty California? Did you run away from home?". Reluctantly he barely nodded, his look full of hatred. -"Oh, your eyes... They have such a pretty silver sting. And skin as well as hair pale and pure as snow. Two gorgeous brothers. And who... have you brought along? Two black kids also on the run?".

The older one may have not understood Russian, but he still spoke up: "My name is Zachary". The man switched to English: "You may call me Iceman. What are you doing here?". "I want money", he remained direct. "Don't we all? What do you offer? Your sister? I'm no charity fund", he laughed dirtily. -"You have drugs, I want to sell them". -"Somebody understood early on how business goes. Although you're still young. So beautifully young... But...".

He went back to Russian for Ilus: "I'm sure you want to earn some money too. Two pretty poor strays on the streets. Whoever comes to Los Angeles dreams big. Surely we could make a deal". Unwell the 8-year-old skidded backwards to refuse the deal before one was suggested. Iceman got closer anyway and held his chin: "Don't look so overwhelmed, it's actually a simple task for someone as handsome as you. Especially since your brother is only growing older. I would offer you the world".

Harassed Ilus reached his tied up legs back as far as possible to kick him: "Never!". "You won't be shut down so easily, huh? I think I'd have to train you first before taking you to bed would be fun. Maybe you'd have to observe how obedient your brother is to learn", he grinned. Mitya flinched. In the meantime Iceman propped himself up and ordered in English: "Take the black ones to one of the bedrooms and lock them up. Maybe they'll get a good idea how they could be of use for me. Otherwise the two snow angels will stay". As the other sibling pair was carried away, Zachary gave Ilus a spiteful stare.

~~~

On the forecourt of the mansion Zachary growled: "You're sticking that money right up your ass, aren't you?". "I not choose", Ilus tried to explain. "Of course you white people always get the special treatments. You'll see, I'm going to build up my own empire. I'll be much richer than you. You guess what? You're weak for accepting his help", he accused. -"Zachary". -"And don't ever dare to say my name again. The next time we're going to meet, you'll be begging on your knees and calling me the way I deserve".

"You not-", Ilus wanted to keep talking sense into him, but suddenly Zachary drew a knife and rapidly swung it across Ilus' face. Through the shock he didn't notice the pain and running down blood at first. Enraged his enemy ran away, somewhere after his sister to the next bus station.

~~~

Iceman choked on the smoke of his cigar: "You want to lead a business that fights off drug dealers? Ilus, you've still got a lot to learn". "You have my brother. And you promised to give me anything in return", the child spoke monotoneously. -"But you hated the deal, you had no choice". -"You still have to keep your word". -"You know very well I have most fun with Mitya when I have my drugs. Are you planning on taking me and my dealers down?". -"Absolutely". -"Hah! Alright, sure. I want to see you try. If one wants be a businessman at such a young age, then I have to help. You're a very fine and sweet boy. How could I ever resist you?".

~~~

Ilus couldn't even smile when he saw the - in his childish young eyes - the big storage hall. In contrast Iceman smirked behind him: "Is this what you've imagined? Can I make you happy with this?". "Yes, wonderful", his voice lacked all kinds of emotion as he pushed Iceman's hand off his shoulder. He also entered the hall further, towards a slightly elevated podium. He already imagined himself as a leader of group full of heroes, holding motivating speeches on that podium.

Iceman followed him: "We can cover up those windows with nice curtains". For distance the boy went a step ahead: "I'll do that myself". "You're going to need a lot of employees, won't you? Many of my guards are perfectly trained with guns-", he wasn't even allowed to finish speaking, as the young chef went along: "I'll search for them myself. I want to assess their qualities". "I guess that's your fair right", he lit up a cigar, "My employees could train you for handling a gun". "I'll learn that myself", he refused.

Hissing Iceman took a puff on his cigar: "Stubborn-head". "Get used to it", he ordered snappily.