x (addictive)

ִ ࣪𖤐_________________________ִ ࣪𖤐

The match started quickly...

Already some minutes in, and before he could score, you stopped Isagi's shot from entering the goal easily. After all, now that you had a team of three, it was way easier for you to do your better. Team play wasn't something you were good at, so the smaller the group, the better for you...

Not letting Rin nor Aryu get the ball, you took advantage of the fact that there was no one defending the rival's team goal, you decided to score from an area near the middle of the field.

Yeah, as you assumed, the ball managed to break through the hologram goalkeeper's defense and scored without a sweat.

.
.
.

It was weird. Really weird, to see how you didn't let anybody touch the ball.

No, I don't mean that it was strange that you didn't let your rivals take it, that's the whole purpose of football... I'm talking about your own teammates.

Obviously, it's not like you were the best player, and obviously, you struggled to maintain the ball away from, not only Bachira, Isagi and Nagi, but also Rin and Aryu. But you still managed to score the third goal by yourself.

Yes, it was really weird.

But not as odd as your opponents' behavior.... It seemed that the desperation of not standing a chance in front of you only made them try harder.

How? Honestly, you didn't know... you were used to do your worst when your opponent was too strong for you; the anxiety didn't let you play as good as you could. It was another story right now, though, you were able to do your best when your rival was... pathetic.

So, how could they only get better? How is it possible that they only made you struggle more as the seconds passed? Shouldn't they already have their hopes crushed?

What you didn't know is that their impressive improvement was thanks to you. Or, to be more specific, the reason of their improvement was the desesperation that you made them feel.

That feeling of helplessness was what gave them the necessity-- no, the obligation, of keep going, of keep trying their best.

Indeed, that was the answer to your question. Thanks to your ego, you made them play with all the potential they had.

Still, their efforts didn't really pay off in the end.

"The third stage's 3 vs. 3 'Rivalry battle' victory... goes to team red!"

Nevertheless, the match finished with the score being 5-2, obviously your team being the winning one; You scored three goals, as both Rin and Aryu each managed to score one by themselves.

Now that you were finally done... it was time to choose your team's fourth players from the losing team. Bachira, Isagi and Nagi...

You didn't really care, since you already knew that whoever you played with, it was impossible for you to lose. Playing on small teams was your specialty, you had the ego and the abilities to be able to surpass not only the other team, but also yours. But... it's true that among the three options, you felt like the best one was Bachira.

"Rin, who shall we steal?" Asked Aryu, who didn't know which one he should chose.

The male with long eyelashes didn't seem to have anyone in mind either. "I don't care, they're all the same."

"Then..." you started, deciding by yourself that you were the one who'll choose. "Bachira, come here."

The mentioned male's eyes widened; You swore that you could see his eyes glimmering at your orders. But as quick as the sparkle came, it left from his pupils, leaving you wondering if you imagined it.

Your team accepted your decision without any problem "You'll be my assistant for my glam goals!" Aryu said, greeting the chosen boy.

"Let's go," Rin demanded, not bothering to say anything else. "Don't space out, blunt bangs. I hold your fate in my hands"

"Don't be so cocky, Rin" you laughed dryly, not letting the male's egoistic chatter continue. "In any case, I'm the one with the strings of your future... Maybe you should reconsider your position here."

And with those words, you left the field, leaving Rin scowling in annoyance at your laughing and Aryu stare at your back in awe, admiring your glamour.

Bachira was somewhat sad, though. Yes, he was happy to see you again, and even more due to the fact that you chose him over his teammates, but if he could have won, you could reunite again with him and Isagi.

"Dang... I wanted him to be the one who came to our team... I really wanted to finish the selection with you, Isagi." He confessed to his friend, giving him his back. "But... I won't wait for you. If you want me you'll have to win me back... and I'll doubt it will be easy for you with [l/n] on my side."

He walked towars the gate, it opening automatically. Glancing for the last time at his now ex-teammates, he declared his new objective. "I'm gonna obey the monster inside me..."

'And right now, it's telling me to follow [l/n]'

.
.
.

Once Bachira left the field, and arrived to the modern room you were at, the first thing he did was throw himself to your shoulders.

"Ugh," you groaned "you're heavy,"

"I'm glad you chose me, [l/n]!" He sang, crushing your bones with his strong hug.

"I'm sure you are," Aryu commented, letting out a dreamy sigh. "I would also love getting the honor of being chosen by the son of [l/n] Ayao himself..."

Bachira only hugged you tighter after hearing Aryu's words. So he wasn't the only one who thought of you like someone important? Ugh, he didn't like seeing that weird long-haired boy so eager to be chosen by you...

So, he decided to ignore the tall dude's delusional fantasies and kept focusing on you. "You were so cool, [l/n]! Your goals motivated me a lot!"

Yes... This was exactly what confused you. Your goals had to make their skills worsen, not motivate them to be better!

"Yup, seeing you playing made me realize that you're on a whole other level... that really made me want to become as good as you! Man, seeing you play is really addictive..."

Aha. Just like I said before. It's not that they didn't feel desperate... no, actually, it's the fact that they felt that despair caused by none other than you, that gave them the urge to surpass you.

Like... a drug. Mhm, a drug that makes anyone improve by the mere smell of it, or in this case, by the mere sight of you.

Just, be careful... drugs can become addicting.

And you don't want anybody get withdrawal symptoms...

Remember...Addicted people will do anything in order to experience again and again that captivating pleasure that gave them that toxic obsession.

Literally anything.

You should've known better.