04. queen of hearts wants her king

FOUR ✃ QUEEN OF HEARTS WANT HER KING

2020.

𝖄ou cannot ask for love where there is none.

𝕿he coming weeks were mostly destructive.

Marylin, fleeting as the wind and free as a steed, had not been heard from for a whole week.

No messages, not even a call, the bother of asking me how I was, were not part of the young girl's dictionary. I was incredibly pissed off, if I could call myself that, after a young girl's attitude had incredibly changed my already subterranean mood.

In order not to think about it (although it was as difficult as it was impossible) I concentrated exclusively on work, on new projects, on the silent writing of the new book.

It pained me to admit to my intellect that not even drawing could curb the intrusive and inconceivable thoughts.

That evening I tried to heal my jagged mind with a steaming cup of tea, I added hot water inside a shallow mug, pouring the brew inside, the steam coming out of the water was like a panacea.

I stirred the water with a spoon to mix it better, I closed my eyes and leaned against the kitchen counter, I wanted it to be a moment of peace, I had the intention of taking my computer and jotting down something interesting. But I was not even in time to realise my wish, that I heard my phone vibrate three times.

When I turned the phone over, the knot in my stomach knotted like a snake. I answered, because it was Marylin, and that evening I was already totally fucked.

"Hi?" I replied, trying to sound as apathetic as possible. It was difficult. Impossible. I was sure she had noticed, because she laughed.

"Matthew. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to do this to you. I'm incredibly sorry and fucked"