09. pray to pray

NINE ✃ PRAY TO PRAY

NINE ✃ PRAY TO PRAY

2021.

𝕱ebruary had blossomed into a new climate. Frozen and mild, warm but bearable. Tolerable like Marilyn's character. My life, already quite eventful, began to change radically already that month.

After Marylin, there had been no one else.

I firmly believed that I didn't need anyone else. Nina Müller had entered my life like a cyclone. She had dimples hollowing out her cheeks, a natural blonde with a few auburn locks, a bright smile, and more to the point she was around my age.

It was my manager who had introduced her to me, through friends, she was not famous, a normal girl. But I wanted nothing to do with her. Or at least, if there had been no Marylin in my thoughts I might have tried.

I still remember our first chat, a naive and delicate little smile, she held a cup of hot tea in her hands. After endless hours she had decided to introduce herself.

"Nina. I'm Nina"

She extended her hand towards me, I shook it politely. Out of politeness I returned the smile with an equally deep one, "Matthew".

That date marked my life.

And I still hadn't come to terms with Marylin.

𝕸y house was always livelier with Marylin in it. I had come to recognise the diversity, and the silence that arose when she wasn't with me. But in spite of that, I also understood that she was such a meddler, that she didn't know how to mind her own business, because everything came to her spontaneously.