16. loving a goddess brings great problems

SIXTEEN  ✃  LOVING A GODDESS BRINGS GREAT PROBLEMS

2021.

𝕸arylin was the earthly embodiment of a goddess.

I was not exaggerating, or even delusional, I was contemplating the facts, concluding my tale with nothing but pure and simple "truth." Marylin had always reminded me of the goddess Persephone, goddess of fertility, free and wonderful. In my heart I could not forget our first kiss, and how pretty she looked with her flowers on her head tucked into her hairstyle.

Persephone's abduction was definitely one of the myths Marylin loved most. Hades, lord of the underworld, fell in love with Persephone and decided to kidnap her to make her his bride. Demeter, Persephone's mother and patron goddess of the wheat fields, furious at the abduction, so much her grief, made the Earth barren, condemning humanity to extinction.

Zeus, finally forced to intervene, resolved that Persephone would spend six months of the year with Hades, while the other six she would spend with her mother, thus allowing the Earth to be reborn and flourish again.

I thought it appropriate to think that Marylin stood out from the others, taking everything a bit for granted, she had acted as Persephone and I was her earth. When she was not present with me, I blackened, but when she was back in my arms I found the sense to breathe again.

I would have been a great liar to deny again, deny myself, but I could not tell her I loved her. I had done it a long time ago, but not because I wanted to, I was so drunk and rotten from sex that my untidy tongue had confessed my sin without my permission.

Then a bigger problem had taken over, did I really know Marylin, deep down, any crack, to admit that I loved her with all my being?

When the heart dictated its own laws, I was forced to do my part, and add that it was impossible to stop thinking about Marylin by letting go of everything between us.