Chapter no 1

Note: Annie,s father was a good man. He loved annie and Faiza.

A 15 years old Annie looked at the clock, her anxiety grew with each second that ticked by. It was 12 at night. She paced the length of her room anxiously waiting for everyone to sleep.

She sat on the sofa, her breathes were uneven as she impatiently waited tapping the leather with her fingers.

She closed her eyes. Fakhir,s face flashed across her mind and she felt her heart sinking.

She opened her eyes. She felt a lump raising in her throat as today,s events flashed across her mind. She felt a pang in her heart. She couldn't even imagine Fakhir,s condition, he had lost his father, what will be his state of mind?

Fakhir...

His name escaped Annie's lips and her heart skipped a beat. She stood up and started walking here and there in her room again.

Ya Khuda Fakhir ko himmat dena.

Annie prayed gulping the lump that formed in her throat.

All she wanted to do was rush to him and hug him tight but she couldn't as everyone was awake. That's why she was waiting for everyone to sleep so that she could go and try to comfort Fakhir.

Annie heard the sound of someone climbing the stairs and hurriedly rushed to the bed. She climbed up on the bed and laid down. She closed her eyes pretending to sleep.

Fakhir,s mother came inside. She looked at Annie,s sleeping figure and a genuine, loving smile appeared on her tear striken face. She bent down and placed a loving kiss on Annie,s forehead.

Sleep well beta.

She said softly and left from there after turning the lights off. She turned on the small lamp because Annie was scared of darkness.

After 20 minutes!!!

Annie slowly got down the bed careful enough to not to hurt herself.

She slowly opened the drawer looked around the things that were inside the drawer and she found the flashlight. She turned on the flashlight and closed the door.

She slowly walked towards Fakhir,s room keeping in mind to not to make any noise.

Calm down Annie. Tere paas flashlight hai.

Annie said to herself in mind. She was hell scared of the darkness

You have to do this Annie, tere Fakhir ke liye.

Annie motivated herself. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. She reached outside Fakhir,s room and saw the door slightly open. She entered inside and saw him standing in the balcony gazing at the sky laced with black clouds.

A 17 years old Fakhir who was gazing at the sky laced with black clouds unblinkingly felt a comforting warmth surrounding his heart feeling Annie,s presence. He blinked his eyes as his heart called out softly

Annie.

Annie walked towards him.

Fakhir.

Annie called out softly. Fakhir looked at her.

Tum yahan kya ker rahi ho Annie? Tumhe yahan nahin hona chahiye.

Fakhir said, his voice a mix of fear and urgency. He looked around. He went to close the door but Annie stopped him.

Darwaza band hai aur sab so chuke hain.

Annie said. Fakhir turned and walked towards her to the balcony.