Chapter no 8

Annie,s heart fluttered in her chest as she decorated the kheer with almonds.

She had prepared Fakhir,s favorite food tonight hoping that he'll come early.

Are yaar. Samosa kahan gaya.

Annie whinned. She looked up and noticed hamza eating the samosa.

Annie crossed her arms across her chest glaring at him. Hamza gave her a sheepish smile. Annie rolled her eyes and smacked his arm.

Her voice a mix of irritation and slight tenderness.

Hamza kitna khana hai tumhe. Hato ab aur nahin kha sakte tum.

Kyun sara maze ka khana sirf Fakhir ke liye hi banaya hai kya?

Hamza asked, his voice holding a gentle tease.

Annie,s cheeks turned warm hearing Fakhir,s name as a slow shy smile spread across her lips.

Are are dekho toh kaise sharma rahi hai Fakhir ka naam sunte hain.

Aiman teased. Annie shut her eyes and took a deep breath trying to control her racing heartbeats.

She opened her eyes and asked, her voice tinged with mock irritation.

Haan toh?

Agar mujhe pata hota na ke tum itna tasty khana banati ho toh I swear Fakhir ka toh pata nahin per main zaroor nikah ker leta tumse.

Hamza said, his eyes were twinkling with a blend of slight tenderness and teasing.

Annie,s heart skipped a beat as she heard Hamza. She knew that he was just joking but she couldn't shrug off the slight uneaseness she felt. She laughed awkwardly.

He took a kabab and ate it. His eyes automatically fluttered close as he moaned relishing the taste of the samosa.

Dil kerta hai hath choom loon main tumhare Annie.

Hamza said blowing a flying kiss at her direction.

Fakhir was tired when he came back home. He walked towards the kitchen hearing some giggles. However what he heard made his heart stop beating for a moment.

Agar mujhe pata hota na ke tum itna tasty khana banati ho toh I swear Fakhir ka toh pata nahin per main zaroor nikah ker leta tumse.

His heart twisted rather painfully in his chest as he heard Hamza. He greeted his teeth in sheer anger. He wanted to punch Hamza for saying something like this. He watched as Annie laughed.

Insecurities creaped in as Annie didn't reply instead laughed.

Doubts clouded his mind as hurt and uncertainty flooded through his heart.

Annie mujhse nikah nahin kerna chahati kya? Kya woh Hamza se mohabbat kerti hai? Annie kuch bolo warna meri dhadhak ruk jayegi.

Fakhir thought. His breath got stuck in his throat as his eyes flickered between Hamza and Annie still holding onto a fragile hope.

Dil kerta hai hath choom loon main tumhare Annie.

His heart sank hearing Hamza. He looked at Annie who playfully smacked Hamza,s arm chuckling.

The sound of her chuckle intensified his insecurities. She didn't stop Hamza? Did she love the thought of hamza kissing her hand.

He stepped back. His insecurities sinking in breaking something deep within him. A sense of longing, pain and argony flooded through his heart. The intensity of his emotions was almost overwhelming.

Fakhir.

Aiman called out finally acknowledging his presence.

Everyone turned to face Fakhir.

Annie smiled at him. Her eyes brimmed with affection and warmth. Fakhir walked towards her. His steps carrying a blend of love overpowered by insecurities.

I won't let her go. Not this time.

Fakhir thought as he reached Annie.

Assalamualaikum.

Fakhir greeted.

Walikum Assalam.

Everyone greated back with cheerful smiles.

Fakhir looked at Hamza with a forced smile. His gaze shifted to Annie.

Annie bahot bhook lag rahi hai. Khana laga do. Main fresh ho ker aata hoon.

Fakhir said softly, holding her hand as he stroked the back of her palm. He glared at Hamza, his eyes held the undeluted furry as his face hardened. His hold on Annie,s hand tightened silently carrying a declaration of an ownership and devotion.

Annie,s heart skipped a beat, her breathing stopped as she looked at Fakhir. Her cheeks burned out of shyness as he held her hand and stroked the back of her palm. Her heartbeats fastened as she watched Fakhir glaring at Hamza. Her breath caught in her throat as she noticed that how his face had hardened and his eyes held an undeluted furry and his hold on her hand tightened silently carrying a declaration of ownership and devotion which she was unable to see.

He smiled at Annie before leaving the kitchen.

Hamza gulped in fear. He looked at Annie and said, his voice a mix of awe and a tint of playful teasing

Well that was possessive.

Literally mujhe toh laga jaise Fakhir toh maar hi dalega Hamza ko.

Rumi said, her voice filled with sincerity along with a tint of playfulness.

Aisa kuch nahin hai.

Annie said blushing heavily as she turned towards the stove turning it off.

Everyone was sitting for dinner. Aiman was about to sit beside Annie but Fakhir came and sat beside Annie instead.

Annie looked at him in shock for a moment. He blinked at her asking what happened. She shook her head sideways. Rumi, Hamza and Aiman gave them teasing looks but Fakhir glared at them, especially at Hamza.

Everyone ate, the dinner was unusually quite.

I need to leave.

Fakhir said as he stood up and walked to his room. He closed the door locking it. He leaned against the door.

The flashes of Annie and Hamza,s moments that he saw occupied his mind.

Woh teri nahin Rahi Fakhir. Annie teri nahin rahi.

Fakhir turned hearing his own voice. He looked ahead and saw his own younger self.

A sarcastic smile was playing on his younger self,s face. His eyes a mix of pity and mokery.

Kya socha tha tune woh tujhse mohabbat karegi? Nahin Fakhir woh tujhse mohabbat nahin kerti, uske dil mein sirf Hamza hai tu nahin. Tu uski mohabbat nahin, bachpane mein ki gayi bhool hai. Aur bhool ko na sudhara jata hai jo woh ker rahi hai humza ko choose ker ke.

Fakhir,s younger self mocked him pointing at the insecurities that were hidden deep in his heart.

Yeh jhooth hai.

Fakhir whispered dropping himself on his knees.

End Of Chapter!!!

Coming up next: Fakhir,s life in danger.

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️