Chapter no 10

Fakhir looked at Annie. The realization washed over him like someone has just poured ice water on him. He stared at her shocked, tears blurred his eyes as he spoke, his voice trembling with guilt.

Annie.

Chup.

Annie,s calm whisper cut through the air.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She was trembling still trying to absorb his words.

Abhi abhi Amna se compare kiya mujhe tumne.

Annie asked, her voice fragile. She was unable to believe that he just compared her with Amna.

Her breath was coming out in short gasps and she was trembling like a leaf. Her skin suddenly felt too cold for her to bear. She was shivering.

Annie please meri baat suno.

Fakhir pleaded, a mix of guilt and argony flooded through his heart as he took a step closer.

He reached out and cupped her face, his touch hesitant but tender pulling her closer, enveloping her frame in his arms.

Annie please hear me out once.

Fakhir pleaded.

Annie,s heart stopped beating for a moment. She saw the guilt in his eyes and raised her hands up. Locking her eyes with his, she gently cradled his face in her palms. Her touch conveying the overwhelming love and tenderness as she smiled at him blinking her eyes silently asking him to continue.

I'm sorry Annie. I thought ke tum hamza se pyaar kerti ho aur mere sath nikah sirf ek samjhota hai tumhare liye.

Fakhir said, his voice trembled as he felt a lump raising in his throat.

Annie tenderly wiped the tears that escaped his eyes, his touch loving and tender.

Kyun?

Annie asked, her voice now sweet and calm, her eyes searched his for answers.

We never talked Annie. We never communicated. And that's what made me insecure.

Fakhir said looking down.

Annie kept her fingers under his chin as she uplifted his face with a gentle force.

Annie sighed.

Aur mujhe tumhari aur Amna ki picture ne insecure kiya.

Annie confessed. Her voice barely above a whisper and she downed her head.

Fakhir was confused now. He blinked his eyes for a few times. Annie uplifted her eyes and their eyes met.

Fakhir,s hold on her face tightened. His rough hands caressing her face. His touch tender.

Matlab?

Fakhir asked confused.

Maine tumhari aur Amna ki picture dekhi thi, ek sath.

Annie whispered, her voice laden with honesty and the weight of a silent doubt that had lingered somewhere at the back of her mind.

Annie I don't remember taking any picture.

Fakhir said, his voice a mix of desperation and urgency.

Annie looked at him. She cupped his face, fingers gently stroking his cheeks. Her touch conveying an overwhelming tenderness that seemed to take his breath away.

Toh?

Annie asked, her voice a mix of confusion and uncertainty.

Maine bas uski help ki thi.