Chapter 6: Rumors Confirmed!!!

(3rd Person POV)

We see Liu Kang, Geras, Johnny Cage, Kenshi, Kung Lao, and Raiden all standing by each other

Kenshi is holding a piece of paper with Shang Tsung's face on it

Kenshi: So we find him in Outworld and bring him here for questioning?

Liu Kang: Yes. If what I fear has happened, he is a grave threat to the realms.

Kenshi: Anything else?

Liu Kang: Shang Tsung is a master of deceit. Do not trust a word he utters.

Johnny Cage: Sounds a lot like my first agent.

Kenshi: It's a tricky mission. You sure we can't grab Y/N along the way and leave this one here?

Johnny Cage: Hey this one is up for the job.

Liu Kang: This mission must be done quietly. I am breaking my word with Empress Sindel by sending you into Outworld without her knowledge. Due to the tournament and his relationship with Princess Mileena, Y/N is a familliar face there. Besides he is busy with something else at the moment.

Liu Kang then picks up a glowing red compass and hands it to Kenshi

Liu Kang: This talisman is attuned to Shang Tsung's chi. Follow it to him. And be careful. May the elder gods protect you.

A short timeskip into the future shows the four Earthrealmers walking in a desert following where the compass is pointing.

Johnny Cage: Are we there yet?

Kenshi: Again? How old are you, five?

Johnny Cage: What can I say? These boots weren't made for walking.

Kung Lao: If that is the most pain you feel today then consider yourself lucky.

Johnny Cage: Oh, I'm already lucky. I've got sento strapped to my back.

he says referring to the sword on his back.

Kenshi: I will reclaim it Cage.

Johnny Cage: Got three million? it's all yours.

Kenshi: You know I don't have it.

Johnny Cage: I bet your Yakuza pals could come up with it. 

Raiden: Johnny stop it.

But Johnny would continue to add on saying

Johnny Cage: Oh, that's right, you blew them off. If there's one lesson Hollywood taught me, it's never burn bridges. You never know who can help.

Kenshi now having enough would then turn around in anger getting in Johnny's face

Kenshi: The Yakuza are leeches, bleeding out those too weak to resist. I grew up in that life and I never understood it. Why my gain required other's pain. I got out. I need my clan out, too. I cannot allow us to be apart of their crimes any longer.

He then looks down at the compass before once again walking in the direction where it points as do the rest of them. They then arrive in what looks to be some sort of village and upon closer inspection they see people in armor with spears pointing them at what looks to be some sort of creatures with sharp teeth and what looks to be bones coming out of various parts of their body.

Johnny Cage: What's your precious say?

Kenshi: That Shang Tsung is among those......things.

Johnny Cage: My fans are gonna go nuts cosplaying them at Cage Con.