Morning In The Addam's Family

Three year old Harmony woke up to a small tapping on her shoulder making her blink her eyes open to see no one until she looks on her shoulder to see Thing. "Good morning Thing." Thing waved at her and quickly got off of her so she could sit up.

"Good morning my little raven." Morticia said softly as she walked over.

"Morning mummy." Harmony yawned.

Morticia picked her up and headed for the balcony. "Lets try to cheer your father up today, tonight we try to contact your uncle."

"Ok." Harmony rubbed her eyes and saw Gomez was playing golf again. When she looked out at the yard she saw her brother and sister leaving for school. "When do I go to school mummy?"

"Maybe in a another year or two." Morticia answered.

Harmony watched as Gomez swung his golf cub and the ball went flying into the window of the neighbor's yard. "Damn you Addam!"

"Sorry about the window judge!" Gomez called back. "Keep the ball I've got a whole bucket full!"

"You moron!"

"Can I try?" Harmony asked.

"But of course." Gomez smiled as he handed her a small club and Thing put a golf ball on the tee.

Harmony was strangely strong for her age so when she hit the ball they heard two windows break. Harmony broke the front and the back of the neighbor's house.

"Bravo!" Gomez shouted loud and proud. "I think you're ready to learn new games."

In just a few minutes Gomez was teaching Harmony chess but got distracted. "This very night, our twenty fifth seance. All these years gnawed by guilt undone by woe, burning with uncertainty."

Morticia who was nearby cutting the red roses off their stems looked over. "Don't torture yourself Gomez, that's my job. And imagine darling if Fester did come back. Half alive, barely human, a rotting shell."

"Don't tease." Gomez grinned before he continued to teach Harmony chess before Thing snapped to get their attention and pointed over to the window.

Morticia looked out. "Look darling, Tully's hear."

"Ah Tully!" Gomez cheered.

Harmony walked over to the window to. "He's playing with gate."

Tully's wife came with him saying she was here about the charity auction. The family butler Lurch picked Harmony up as Morticia lead the way to one of the storage rooms.

Grandma was already up there throwing random things around. "Charity auction." Grandma groaned sounding disgusted. "Ridiculous."

"Perhaps it's in here." Morticia walked over to an old wardrobe.

"I don't think so." Grandma disagreed but they looked anyway.

Lurch pulled somethings out and Morticia read the tags outloud. "Uncle Niknak's winter wardrobe, Uncle Niknak's summer wardrobe, Uncle Niknak."

Thing then snapped again. Harmony looked over where he was pointing. "Mummy, Thing found something."

"There it is." Morticia grinned. "Just what we've been searching for. Thank you Thing."

"My God." Tully's wife Margaret eyed it. "What is it?"

"A finger trap from the court of Emperor Wu." Morticia answered.

"It must be worth a fortune. Oh Morticia this is too extravagant, even for the auction." Margaret said as she tried it on herself.

"Let's keep it!" Grandma said.

"Hush mama. It's for charity. Widows and orphans, we need more of them." Morticia scold her mother before turning back to their guest. "Margaret."

"Hmm." Margaret hummed as she tried to get the finger trap off.

"About the séance tonight, I wish you'd come. It's Gomez I'm terribly worried about. He won't eat, he can't sleep, he keeps coughing up blood."

Margaret looks at Morticia in surprise. "He coughs up blood?"

"Well not like he use to." Morticia sighed sadly.