Strange Meeting

Danny crept up to the place he had been held up in. Despite being taken in by a gang he wasn't actually an official member.

The exchange was simple. Food and money for the jobs he would do. Rarely was it illegal and it was usually only borderline illegal.

That whole weapons crate thing was definitely the closest he'd gotten to seriously illegal.

The gang he was involved with was more of like a more intense neighborhood watch. But in Gotham it would have to be intense.

They kept their block safe. Its their territory.

Danny slipped up to the hideout and quickly cleared the area with his eyes before entering.

"Who's 'it" one guy asked.

"Its just me, Danny" he said.

"Tell Yonkers Danny's back!" Terry called.

A muscular man with a few tattoos made his way from the back. He was tanned and his hard expression eased up at the sight of the boy.

"Weren't you a little late?" Yonkers asked.

Danny sighed.

"The crate was full of stolen weapon. These vigilante heroes showed up and I was barely able to escape" Danny said. He was still pissed off about that.

"For real? Damn, sorry about that Danny" he said as he ruffed up Danny's hair.

"It's fine" Danny said as he fixed the new hairstyle.

"Saved you a plate by the way"

Danny's face lit up at the mention of food. He had been starving.

Around a beaten up, chipped wooden table sat a group of men who were laughing rather loudly as they sipped bottles of beer.

"Hey it's Danny!" One guy called out. The other guys called out a few drunken 'heys' before continuing their chatter.

Danny sat on a stool, the only available seat except for the throne seat, a thrifted plush chair that served as a makeshift throne for Yonkers.

He balanced his plate "plate" on his knees. It was, in all actuality, a foam take out container. None of the guys could be bothered to something as trivial as dishes.

Tonight was fried chicken, a favorite among them all.

"Danny, get'n any trouble" one guy asked slurring his words. Yonkers took the guys beer but he didn't seem to mind.

"Nope, evaded the police" Danny said around a mouthful of fried chicken.

Yonkers let out chuckle.

"Hey Danny! I got a few things for you to fix" another guy said.

Danny nodded.

Yonkers smiled behind his bottle of beer. He wasn't worried about Danny's education at all. The kid was a boneified genius.

He could fix anything and everything. He even made some things out of spare parts he collected.

It was a pity that he was a street kid, but now that he had him, Yonkers didn't want to let him go.

Danny finished his meal and went to his blow up mattress. Tomorrow he would fix Domino's stuff but tonight he was too worn out.

Unaware of the conversation going on, he drifted off to sleep.

"Yonkers, when is that kid gonna be inducted?" Zack asked. He was like the right hand man to Domino.

"He's not" Yonkers said taking another swig from his bottle.