Allegiances

Domino sat across from Danny. The two were alone, most of the gang had left to their own places, a few were out on a job that Yonkers was leading. This was the best time for a talk.

"You know Danny, you have a good heart. But ya don't get it do you?"

Danny looked at Domino confused by the sudden onset.

Domino wore a half frustrated half tense expression.

"Yonkers cares for you a lot. He worries bout you, so do I. We need to be able to trust you."

Danny's face hardened.

"Are you saying I'm not be loyal enough to the gang?!" Danny asked through gritted teeth. His thoughts were twisted in a cesspool of swirling thoughts that invaded his mind, prodding deep and nesting itself in.

"The "gang" is that all you think this is about? If you want to thinking terms of loyalty then by all means please don't let me stop you"

Dominos voice teetered between disbelief and the hurt of not having a connection to Danny. He wanted Danny to understand.

Danny felt the seeds of paranoia planting themselves, growing stronger for every second Domino spoke.

"I think you shouldn't place your loyalty in a rich man's servant. We are family, I'm not saying give up on this opportunity, I'm just saying make sure that you understand the risks"

Danny glared at him with a ferocity Domino had only seen once before. And it was over food then (something Danny seemed overly sensitive about).

"Is this really what you wanted to talk about, or did you want to know about the this" Danny accused gesturing to his current form. A pitiful gang affiliated kid stuck In a wheelchair. Mostly crutches.

"Both" Domino answered.

"Listen Danny, we trust you, trust us. tell me what's going on"

Danny fidgeted wondering if he really should. Danny glanced around making absolutely sure no one was around.

Carefully Danny stood up, his arms were gripping the table keeping him propped up.

"What I'm about to show you will be shocking. I have a condition. That man in the limo, his name is Vlad Masters. We share the same condition." Danny pointed at the wheelchair.

"I'm like this because it was side effect to cure he gave me for ecto-acne. It could've been fatal had Vlad not stepped in. As for my condition-"

Danny backed away from the table.

A wash of white light filled the room for a half a second.

As Danny stood up, explaining best as he could.
______________________________________

I felt an urgency that something absolutely crazy was bout to happen.

I was right. My eyes were blinded for a few seconds. When they finally adjusted, it was no longer Danny standing before me, but a god.

A majestic white haired kid with radiant green eyes, entire body glowing. He had a cape that seemed alive, shadows moved and danced, like a black sludgy liquid. A small green crown floated just above the crown of his head.
______________________________________

"This is what I've been keeping from you all. I'm a half ghost. One of the strongest ghosts in existence because of my rare powers"

Domino gaped, the words not yet formed.

Danny seemed so regal that Domino instinctively wanted to kneel. He had never kneeled before anyone in his entire life, a gang member wouldn't.

"Danny, this is not what I thought. Wow, I don't even know what to ask"