Death is ememant

The syringe clattered to the ground.

"What are you doing, are you idiotic" Vlad chocked out.

Robin raced over to the computer disabling the restraints.

Danny's feet made a thump noise when he was released.

Danny approached Vlad who was in the middle of being interrogated by Batman, but he wouldn't say anything to the bat.

"What's in the syringe Vlad?"

Vlad opened his mouth and Batman stopped choking him.

"Its a serum for ecto acne"

Danny clenched his teeth.

"Yeah, so why are you trying to stick me with it? I don't have ecto acne"

Vlad shook his head.

"Yes, you do. Its dormant for now but it could surface at any time."

Danny picked up the syringe. He inspected the green liquid.

"So what if I did have ecto acne, so what if I died. Why do you care?" Danny asked.

"I've always cared" Vlad said growing angry.

"Right, so you weren't trying to kill me when we fought all those times" Danny said sarcastically.

Batman stepped in.

"What's ecto acne?" He demanded in his dark brooding tone.

Vlad ignored him, he wasn't the type to be intimidated.

"No Daniel, those fights were to help you improve. You wouldn't let me train you." Vlad said annoyed.

Danny scoffed.

"How could I trust you Vlad, you were my enemy, still are" Danny said.

Still despite his suspicions he gripped the syringe.

Suddenly he felt weak. He lost grip on the syringe.

"Its already setting in!" Vlad exclaimed. He laid Danny flat on the ground and grabbed the syringe. After finding an open vein he stuck it in.

Once the medicine was fully inserted he took the syringe out in one fell swoop and tossed it aside.

"Daniel, wake up!" Vlad commanded.

Danny's eyes opened slightly. The fogginess in his head began to dissipate and the blurriness in his eye began to fade.

Danny pushed his upper half up slowly and then he tried to boost himself off the ground.

Danny's eyes widened. Vlad's grabbed Danny's arms and helped himself stand only for Danny to fall.

" I can't walk" he whispered in disbelief. He tried again, managing to grab some equipment boards along the way but his legs felt like useless pounds of flesh.

"Why won't my legs work?" He asked.

Vlad stared at him.

Then with an apologetic face he left only to return with a wheelchair.

"Its not permanent, it's a temporary side affect." Vlad said.

Danny groaned audibly.

"should we do something" Dick asked Bruce.

The dark knight narrowed his eyes.

"When we get back I'll have you try to find out some more information from him"

Danny didn't know what to do, Vlad had offered to house Danny for a while but Danny declined.

"Just drive me to Gotham, I know where to go from there"