suprise

Danny had this glow to him that kind of freaked Yonkers out. It wasn't a literal glow, it was just, Danny seemed ecstatic.

"I got a good gig, I think I'll get good money from it" he said excitedly.

Yonkers tilted his head.

"Oh yeah, where's the job?"

Danny sat down across from Yonkers.

"You know that manor up on the hill?"

He didn't wait for an answer.

"Well the butler is going to train me. I'm going to be an apprentice butler, but it's paid apprenticeship!" Danny said.

Yonkers turned a skeptical eye on Danny.

"You landed a job at Wayne Manor, how in the hell did you do that?"

Danny took of his shirt revealing the bandages.

Yonkers stood up so suddenly that he almost knocked the table over.

"What did you do?!" He asked frantic.

Danny smiled proudly.

"I got shot"

Yonkers looked at Danny petrified.

"WHAT?!"

Danny shook his head.

"These two gangs were battling it out and I got caught in the crossfire trying to save this man"

Yonkers let out a deep breath.

"That man turned out to be the Wayne's butler" Danny said with a shrug.

He instantly regretted shrugging. A sharp pain ricochet throughout his left half.

"Here" Yonkers passed him a bottle of beer.

"Wait, for real?"

Yonkers nodded and with a nonchalant attitude said, "you got shot, you deserve a beer"

Danny smiled at flicked of the cap. He took a little sip and made a face.

Yonkers chuckled.

"Ugh Why do you drink this piss water?"

Yonkers took a drink from his own beer.

"Drink enough of it and you'll get used to it." Domino said as he sat down.

"Whoa whaddya do?"

"He got shot" Yonkers said with a grimace. There was a hint of malice in his eyes.

"The two gangs were taken in by the feds" Danny offered.

"Good to know, I have friends who owe me favors on the inside" Yonkers said.

Domino nodded. He pitied the fool who decided to mess with Yonkers property.

Everybody knew Yonkers had a claim on the kid. Universal information, that's what it is.

"Danny got himself a rich job from it" Yonkers said almost in a seemingly boastful way.

"Nice" Domino said in approval.

Danny drank some more and made an  equally funny face to the first sip.

"First beer aye? It gets better" Domino said with a hearty chuckle.

The next day Danny arrived at the Manor at seven. He wore his best T-shirt and black pants.

He parked his motorcycle on the side of the manor out of the way. Alfred let him in. They were silent as they made their way to the kitchen.