Ice Cream In The Cold

Ch 57: Ice cream in the cold

Ace

After grabbing my keys and wallet from my room I take a leather jacket I had got for Katherine with me and exit the room, I think for a moment, I don't want Viktor or anyone else with me so I go to my office and from the safe take out my gun and strap two knives on my calf and arm and conceal them with a jacket, one extra clip of bullets and I'm good to go.

Katherine's waiting for me in the living room and upon seeing me she gives me a not so subtle once over, I return the gesture, albeit secretly.

She looks hot in a simple black skinny fit jeans which shows off her toned legs and a full sleeve chequered shirt on a blank tank like thing, it looks warm and to complete the look she has put on some black outdoor boots with no heels and topped the look with a high ponytail, all in all with her makeup free face, which is a rare occurrence she looks good enough to eat, on my perusal she looks at me shyly tugging on her strapped tank.

"Is it okay?" she asks me after a minute.

"Okay." I say clearing my suddenly dry throat.

"Here, wear this." I say giving her the jacket, she raises an eyebrow and I give her a flat look. She takes it from me and as our finger touch a sudden spark ignites through my body, snatching my hand back, I look at her and she mirrors my expression, suddenly time seems to stop, there's just two of us here, my senses seem to heighten and I look at her and get lost in those blue eyes which seem to reflect hundred emotions in a look. She opens her mouth to speak when a loud thrash makes her jump. Her eyes are too wide and she looks around as if expecting someone to jump on her.

"W-what was that?"

One of the maids come running out and upon seeing me stops dead in her track.

"What was the sound." I ask her in Russian.

"A pot fell from the shelf." She replies nervously, I give her a nod and she runs to the direction of the storeroom.

"Something fell." I say to Katherine and she gives me a tight nod.

"Follow me." I say taking her to the back entrance.

"Where are we going?" she asks when we reach the door.

"Back entrance, only Viktor and I know about it," I look back at her with my hand on the knob "and now you do too."

She looks at me with a strange expression which I can't decipher, "Why tell me then?"

"In case of emergency, you're one of the two people who I need to be safe." I say softly before shoving the door open and going inside to the far end of it, there are no guards here, no chance of Viktor knowing that I have gone out, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not in mood of his nagging.

I straddle my bike and look over to see Katherine gaping at me in disbelief.

"No way." She says shaking her head.

"Yes way, get on." I say with a smirk.

"No Ace I'm not getting on that monster." She says with a shudder.

"Monster's correct, it's Ducati 1299Superleggera." I say proudly, because I'm proud of my bike. It moves like butter and 1285 cc engine and 208.9bhp power, with 167kg weight and was for a whooping 120,000 dollars.

"Whatever, doesn't mean I'm getting on it." She says and backs away.

"Just sit on it, remember no judgement based on the cover of the book."

"I don't fucking care, you have so many cars, why not travel in one of them, I just please... I can't."

"Katherine." I say seriously.