CHAPTER 1

--------------------------------------------------------------

AARGHHHHH!! "

A groan, echoing, throughout the forest.. could someone hear it?

A deep cut through the eye.. blood spurting out..

Four fingers cut off.. blood spurting out..

A dagger penetrating into the back.. blood spurting out..

A little more than 10 stabs in the stomach.. blood spurting out..

A slash cutting through the abdomen.. blood spurting out..

Not one, but two curved knives pierced through the thigh.. blood spurting out..

-- Who is this miserable person??

-- More importantly, How is this person going to survive? or... is the question..

----------Will this person even survive?----------

--

What seems to be the present, never was...

--

"S-STOPPP!! HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAA!"

Laughter echoing through the house.. just four friends living their little lives..

"MAKE ME HHAHAHAHAH!"

Just then, two middle-aged women came into the room to see their daughters with tears on their faces, laughing hard.. They smiled.

"Alright girls that's enough! Let's go have lunch come on"

One of them said, holding a pot of water

"Mumma can I help you with that?"

One of the girls asked, with a big grin on her face. The lady smiled sweetly,

"It's alright Ha-yoon, bring your friends and lets eat"

She chuckled, walking away with the other woman.

"Come on everyone! It's lunch time and then we can go to the forest to see Eun-cha and Tae-mi!"

Ha-yoon said happily, smiling at her friends.

"LET'S GO!"

Little Min-young said, smiling as well with excitement fueling her. The girls ; Hye-ri, Min-young and Hyun-bae followed Ha-yoon out to the big dining room outside Ha-yoon's room. They took their respective places and began to eat the delicious looking food with smiles on their faces.

"Your mum makes the best food!"

Min-young said to Ha-yoon while munching on some of the freshly made gimbap..

"Your mum helped too Min-young"

She said while giggling a little, eating her food as well.. The two ladies were joined by two more ladies. They were all smiling at the happy faces of their kids..

"Whose turn was it to take them to the forest?"

Min-young's mother asked the three ladies.

"I think Eun-cha and her father will come pick them up today"

Hyun-bae's mother replied, looking at Ha-yoon's mother who nodded affirmatively.

"Guys! Eun-cha and her father will come pick us, hurry up and eat quickly!"

Min-young whispered, hearing the mothers' conversation

"OMG I forgot you found your power at such a young age!"

Hye-ri said, sulking.

"Because she is Min-YOUNG"

Ha-yoon said, emphasizing 'young' and started laughing. Hye-ri joined her and Hyun-bae sat, confused by what they said.

"Guys what"

She said, looking at Ha-yoon and Hye-ri going crazy.. Min-young looked at them with an unamused face..

Just then, the town warning bell was sounded, making everyone rush out.. they saw the messenger of the King and a few soldiers on horses.

"HEAR-YE, HEAR-YE!!"

All the murmurs and whispers stopped.. there was silence..

"ON ORDER OF OUR BELOVED KING, WE ARE NOT TO CROSS THE BORDERS OF OUR COUNTRY AS WE ARE AT WAR WITH THE UNITY OF CLANS.. THIS WILL MEAN NO ONE WILL ENTER THE FORESTS AT ANY POINT OF TIME AS THE TROOPS SHALL BE PATROLLING DAY AND NIGHT"

There were gasps of shock.. Everyone started whispering again, when one person yelled out

"HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET OUR RESOURCES?! WE GET WATER FROM THE FOREST AND WOOD FOR FUEL!"

the messenger looked at the person as if he was expecting it..

"YOU SHALL ALL BE PROVIDED WITH WATER AND FOOD ON A WEEKLY BASIS. "

he rode off, leaving the townspeople in shock..

The four children who heard the news were confused.. Hye-ri approached her mother and asked

"Can't we go to the forests eomma?"

Her mother looked at her and sighed

"Looks like we all can't go into the forest kids"

she went in, leaving the young children utterly sad.. just then

"Wait did that person say unity of clans?"

Asked Ha-yoon, hoping it would be a no. 

"He did, I heard him say that.."

Hyun-bae said confused, Ha-yoon looked shocked

"Tae-mi and Eun-cha are part of those clans!"

The friends gasped, sucking the information in. 

--15 years later...

The whole atmosphere was nothing but solemn and serious.. 

Swords clashing, arrows hitting targets, pants & grunts..

It was a training camp, set up by the unity of clans..

In these 15 years how the tables turned, no one knew.. it affected the lives of many..

Especially a particular two..

"I miss the old times.."

One of the girls said out, randomly

"Me too"

Said the other, looking down at her sword which was given to her by her grandmother.. She sighed, standing up.

"Come on, we've to practice with the boys now.. no time to moan about the past"

The girl nodded, standing up as well.. Just as they were about to go, there was a voice.. both the girls pulled their weapons, thinking it was an unwanted visitor but what they saw, got them shocked and speechless...

_______________________________________________________________