CHAPTER 12

--IN THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTSPIRE--

--ARCHERY TRAINING GORUNDS--

Yoo Tae-shik and Lee Min-young. One a professional mace, chains and dagger fighter mixed with his power of self-duplication; the other a pro archer an ace poison claw fighter with killer speed..
Interesting isn't it?

Min-young came early with Hye-ri and Ha-yoon to practice and warm-up. They fought practice matches, Hye-ri attacking her with the spears, while Ha-yoon attacked with arrows. However, Min-young wasn't an easy opponent even for her best-friends. 

She blocked off Hye-ri's attacks while dodging Ha-yoon's arrows at speed Hye-ri couldn't cope with. Ha-yoon was forced to stop shooting arrows as they might hit Hye-ri. Well, one of them did but it wasn't a deep wound so Hye-ri continued, storming towards Min-young with full power and she threw a sharp punch. Min-young ducked, and kicked her legs, quickly getting up and used her fingers to scratch Hye-ri's stomach, shoulder and arm with alarming speed. If Min-young was wearing the poisoned claws, Hye-ri would have been having severe breathing issues and her body would be paralyzed, giving the enemy an opportunity to kill her. Min-young swiftly blocked Ha-yoon's wooden sword with her right arm while she used her left arm to push Ha-yoon in the stomach. if she used full strength, Ha-yoon would be seriously injured. She didn't give up, swinging her sword at Min-young who blocked them effortlessly and finally decided to take a break. She took a few steps and pounced at Ha-yoon, grabbing and squishing her chubby cheeks. Ha-yoon let out a breath. Min-young laughed and helped them up, catching her breath too.

"How the hell are you so fast?!"

Hye-ri said, keeping the spears back. Min-young shrugged and smiled cheekily at Hye-ri. Ha-yoon chuckled and said,

"I don't know how that Tae-shik guy is gonna fight, but You're a really tough opponent to beat"

Min-young smiled widely at the praises. 

"Thanks guys! I thought I should practice and improve my defenses so I asked you both."

--DUSK-- 

Min-young was standing face-to-face with Yoo Tae-shik. She barely knew him and she was ready for anything he would throw at her. or was she?

The King, Ha-yoon, Hyun-bae, Hye-ri and Myung-dae were present. They all had keen eyes, waiting to see what was going to happen.

"Ready?"

The King said, everyone eagerly watching who is going to unleash what..

Tae-shik had a sinister smirk plastered on his face, looking straight into Min-young's eyes which showed her determination and a little mischief hiding. 

When they heard the King give the signal, Min-young waited for Tae-shik's move, keeping her skill as her backup card. Tae-shik studied her intentions and knew she was an assassin more than a fighter, his weakness. He didn't let it show and attacked, cooking up a strategy on finding Min-young's weakness where he could make a lethal enough to blow to just knock her out. He plunged at her with his mace, swinging it menacingly. Min-young's eyes widened as she dodged them, immediately getting to know he was definitely NOT going to go easy on her. She had to be careful to not waste her energy by moving too fast since her stamina wasn't all that strong. She made up another strategy of going low. 

As Tae-shik kept throwing lethal and dangerous attacks at Min-young, he figured out that she was not much of a complete pro assassin. or so he thought. He slowed his speed of attacks little, giving Min-young an opening. She lunged at him with her claws dripping with very less poison, but enough for a minor head and body ache and mild paralysis. Tae-shik's plan went down the drain as he saw Min-young's actual speed, he defended himself with his mace, still trying to get a lethal enough wound on Min-young to slow her down. He pulled out his chains and flung them at Min-young, hitting her left arm, upper back and slit her right cheek from the back because of the length of the chain. She came to stop, catching her breath as she blocked Tae-shik's chains that wrapped around her wrist. She looked at him and saw him smirk. She smirked back and wrapped them around her wrist even more. before Tae-shik could defend himself or even let go of the chains, Min-young pulled on it with great force, and ran with full speed, dragging Tae-shik along.

As Tae-shik was getting dragged, he thought of something. he decided to run towards Min-young and inflict damage. He ran towards Min-young with full speed, still a little slower than Min-young herself. She used her power of Super-Sonic hearing and heard his steps as he ran. She waited for the moment he was close enough. As Tae-shik neared her, he grabbed his mace from his back and flung it at Min-young who ducked immediately, quickly unwrapping the chains off her wrist. They stood there, panting, catching their breath. Tae-shik chuckled and said

"I'm really impressed Ms. Lee"

He began slowly walking towards Min-young who regained a little energy. She suddenly felt her feet stuck to the ground, not being able to move away from Tae-shik. She mentally cursed, readying herself for any attacks. Her defense was her only hope, she thought as she bit her lip. It was a never ending duel she wanted to win and get over with.

Tae-shik studied her face, realizing she was out of options. He smirked, drawing his dagger out. He stepped towards Min-young, she watched his moves carefully and realized the whole time he used just chains and maces, how could he use a dagger against her in a situation like this? She dug her brain for an option. When Tae-shik snickered, it clicked her..

Swords!!

She quickly sprinted and grabbed a random sword, turning back to Tae-shik running towards her. She observed his moves were stiff while fighting with the mace and more fluent yet controlled while fighting with the chains. Daggers were a relatively smaller weapon which meant he didn't have to be stiff or fluent, he just had to be fast, agile yet lethal. 
However, in this case, Min-young never lacked at Swordsplay. She knew she had an advantage due to the length of her sword compared with the small daggers. As she saw Tae-shik was at the right distance, she immediately used the sword and flung it at him but...

---------- Who is going to win?  ----------

_______________________________________________________________________________________