CHAPTER 8

------------------------

flames of terror..

cries of horror..

screams of anger..

"GIVE ME THE CHILD WOMAN!"

The person yelled to the woman who was helplessly trying to protect her child who was crying profusely.. Another man came into view, with a calmer aura compared to the other. He touched the man's shoulder and said, his voice almost a whisper,

"The child must come with us, if you want her to live. Or else, you both will be burnt down. We will make sure she is cared for."

The woman was adamant, she did not allow the three men even near her child who was clutching her mother's dress tightly, tears flowing down continuously..
Finally, tired of wasting time, the three men left the woman with her child.. or she thought so...

Just as she was about to embrace her child, someone grabbed her hair and arms tightly, she gave out a cry of fear.. Her tears flowed down when she saw her daughter being dragged away from her.. She tried to get out of the person's tight grip desperately, all her tries went in vain..

She was then surrounded by tall men who had different kind of weapons ; swords, daggers, knives, spears.. The man who tied her arms together came forward with a sly, disgusting smirk and used his curved knives, stabbing them into her thighs.. Another man came up with his daggers and slashed through her abdomen.. They came one by one, stabbing her in the stomach 10 times, penetrating their daggers into her back, cutting her fingers off and finally, cut through her eye..
The woman let out a loud groan, before giving into the pain, becoming paralyzed
, blood spurting out every time her heart pumped.. She looked at her daughter for the last time, smiling weakly and slowly mouthed 'I Love You'.. Her eyes closed shut..

The daughter watched in pure horror, what was happening to her mother lying in her own pool of blood, and how she could not do ANYTHING at all to save her.. Her vision blurred by her own tears, the lump in her throat so tight she choked, more tears flowing out as she tried yelling to her mother, who was dying in front of her.. She was dragged away forcibly by the men, and the only thing she saw before she passed out was a tattoo on the backs of these tall murderers, which was something that haunted her for the rest of her life.. 

It was the tattoo of a beautiful flower covered in blood, which struggling to thrive in thorns ..

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hye-ri knocked on the door, the four girls waited patiently for an answer,, They heard a faint 'come in' and opened the door to see a very simple room, not too big but not small either.. The queen was sitting on the bed, knitting a scarf.. She smiled softly and the girls returned it, bowing to her in respect..

"Your majesty, we're here as your new personal bodyguards."

Hyun-bae said, and the three nodded to her in unison. The queen chuckled and said, her voice was soft and humble,

"Hello girls. May I have a brief introduction please?"

Hyun-bae said,

"Of course, My name is Shin Hyun-bae and I am 21 years old. My power is that I can control fire."

She smiled, bowing. Min-young stepped up and said with a grin,

"My name is Lee Min-young! I'm 23 years old and my power is super-sonic hearing."

Hye-ri came forward and said, 

"My name is Lim Hye-ri and I can control the wind. I am going to turn 23 in a few days"

She smiled and bowed. Ha-woon also came a little forward and said with a smile,

"My name is Choi Ha-yoon and I'm 22 years old. I can travel through time"

The queen was impressed with the girls' formality and confidence.. She laughed and said

"You four are one of kind I see. I'm proud to see such young girls so strong and bold. My you all look intimidating"

They all shared a laugh as the queen said that. 

____________________________________________________________________