CHAPTER 10

--------------------------------------------------

Before they could process the picture on it, the base was attacked by arrows flying non-stop, killing the clans-people like flies.. 

"AMBUSH!"

Yun-ho yelled. Everyone ran for cover as the arrows were shot at them. When they reached the shelter, not many had perished; however the number was quite large..
As they were escaping, an arrow hit Yun-ho in the shoulder.

"Yun-Ho!"

Tae-mi yelled out, holding her shield up, running to him. Yun-ho grunted and pulled the arrow out. Tae-mi shielded him as they ran together for cover. Ji-han was already there, looking for them.
Though the shelter was not all that sturdy, it was their last option. Once they reached they shut the door, hoping the roof would hold. Meanwhile, Tae-mi ripped off a piece of cloth to stop Yun-ho's bleeding but she saw he already healed himself. She sighed, rolling and stuffing it back into her pocket. Yun-ho noticed it and said with a smile.

"Thanks for the shield back there"

Tae-mi nodded, smiling back a little. Ji-han interrupted them and said

"What the hell was that? Or moreover Who the hell were they?"

Yun-ho shrugged lightly, and clicked his tongue. Tae-mi sighed and said, 

"It's either the Flover clan or the Kingdom. But I don't think it was the kingdom 'cause they don't know their way to the base-camp."

Ji-han nodded agreeing to her. Tae-mi remembered the note with the picture on it. She quickly pulled it out and looked at the picture. It was the mark of the Flovers clan. She looked over at the boys and showed them the picture. Yun-ho rolled his eyes while Ji-han balled his fists together. The door suddenly swung open and they jumped up, with their weapons of course. It was their general. The arrow shower seemed to have stopped and everyone came out cautiously, inspecting the damage and loss.

--IN THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTSPIRE--

"Your highness, before we leave, Could you please tell us your name?"

Hyun-bae asked with a smile, looking at the queen who looked surprised.

"It's Sung Mun-hee."

She smiled. Hyun-bae nodded and went out, closing the door. The four of them stood at the their respective places.
Hye-ri and Min-young were standing outside near the door, Hyun-bae stood in the hallway right near the turn to the queen's room while Ha-yoon stood inside the room, right before the section that split the room in two to make it into a two-in-one room.

--4 hours later--

It was lunch time, the girls were sent to the castle dining room. They had to meet the King, and the Duke who was also a very close friend of the King. They had already met the General. 
Once they reached, they saw two fine men sitting and chatting until they noticed the girls. They immediately stood up and smiled. 

"Ahh Welcome! You four must be the new personal bodyguards of the queen."

The man said. The girls bowed respectfully to the both of them and smiled back as well. They all took their places on the chairs, glancing at all the delicious food kept in front of them, ready to be devoured..

"I am The King of Nightspire, Sung Ji-chul"

He said with a hint of pride. He was indeed the King of Nightspire, judging from the way he spoke with authority. The other man who looked much younger compared to the king said with a smile that looked devilish.

"And I am the Duke, Yoo Tae-shik."

The girls sucked in a breath as they heard him speak. He looked fine and well-built. He chuckled and grabbed his glass of water, gulping it down.

"I suppose you have already met the General and his brother. He is on his way here as we speak."

The King said to the girls who nodded affirmatively. 

"In the mean-time, Please tell me your abilities."

Didn't he want their names first? Well guess not.. They stood up one by one, introducing themselves.

"My name is Lee Min-young. I can hear low sounds and control the amount of sound produced. I use the poisoned claws and swords."

"I'm Lim Hye-ri and I can control the wind. I usually use swords and I'm also an archer."

"I am Shin Hyun-bae and I have resistance to fire and can control it. I use short-swords and crossbows."

"My name is Choi Ha-yoon. I can time-travel and pause it. But I can only pause time once every month. I use knives, spears and bows"

The King was impressed only with Hyun-bae and Hye-ri's powers and weapons since they were one of the common powers. However, the Duke was fascinated with Min-young and Ha-yoon's powers since they were rare and sometimes very powerful..
He smirked at Min-young who smirked back. 

"May I duel any one of you four?"

He asked, his smirk replaced with a friendly smile. Min-young grabbed the opportunity and said quickly,

"I volunteer!"

The duke chuckled and looked at her, 

"Tomorrow at dusk, at the archery training grounds."

Min-young nodded, smiling at him mischievously. The Duke kept glancing at just Ha-yoon and Min-young. And something was off.
The doors opened again and the General walked in with a woman on his right. She was breath-taking to look at. She had an expressionless face as they walked in. Behind them, Myung-dae jogged to them, his hair flapping up and down a little as he did so. Min-young chuckled at the cute action. Myung-dae noticed and blushed a little. He walked and sat next to the lady. Min-young frowned a little but shrugged it off as Sung-hoon, the general, spoke.

"My sincere apologies for arriving late. I had to pick my wife up."

Ha-yoon who was listening while admiring Sung-hoon suddenly felt an overwhelming sting when Sung-hoon said 'wife'. She controlled her emotions and tried to make an expressionless face as the General continued.

"This is Kim Yun-hee, my wife"

As he said that, the woman stood up and bowed, still having an expressionless face. The King laughed and said,

"Well now let's start eating!"

The whole time, Everyone made small conversations bringing in random topics. Ha-yoon, Sung-hoon and Yun-hee were silent and occasionally spoke if necessary..

________________________________________________________________________________

Note : Part 2 of Introduction will be posted after this chapter..