𝐒𝐈𝐗 ∘ 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞

chapter vi
( the walking dead: season one )

i   d o n ' t   n e e d   t h e   w o r l d   t o   s e e
t h a t   i ' v e   b e e n   t h e   b e s t   i   c a n   b e ,   b u t
i   d o n ' t   t h i n k   i   c o u l d   s t a n d   t o   b e
w h e r e   y o u   d o n ' t   s e e   m e
francis forever ⎯⎯⎯ mitski

i   d o n ' t   n e e d   t h e   w o r l d   t o   s e et h a t   i ' v e   b e e n   t h e   b e s t   i   c a n   b e ,   b u ti   d o n ' t   t h i n k   i   c o u l d   s t a n d   t o   b ew h e r e   y o u   d o n ' t   s e e   m efrancis f...

atlanta
2010
( merida's point of view )

TRIGGER WARNING
nothing

''Aren't you worried for Andrea?'' I ask Amy as I pick up the stick she dropped. We're returning to the camp after going around for an hour to find sticks for later, to out the fire.

''I believe in her. I think she can do it.'' She says as she looks down. I want to believe that Amy is speaking the truth, but a big part of me knows she's lying.

I take a deep breath, the weight of my unease heavy on my shoulders. "I hope you're right," I say, trying to sound more optimistic than I feel.

We continue to make our way back to camp, our steps heavy with the unspoken worry for Andrea and the others who ventured out. As we re-enter the camp, I can't help but notice the hushed conversations and the tense atmosphere. It's clear that the absence of our friends on the supply run has left an impact on everyone here. 

I see Dale sitting around the campfire for later with another man I've spoken to very briefly. They're talking about something, and while their expressions don't appear particularly happy, they're at least engaged in conversation.

And just when I'm about to call out for him, Amy and I hear a strange noise. We look at each other in confusion, trying to see if it's a walker nearing the camp. The noise stops and there is silence for a few seconds. And the noise starts again, it's a voice. We look at the radio.

The voice is faint for a second and the sounds stop again. Amy and I seem to be the only one's have noticed, but before we can tell anyone we hear the voice clearly and loudly. ''Hello, can you hear my voice.'' I look at Dale and he hears the voice too. Someone is communicating with us through the radio. ''Hello. Hello. Can anybody hear my voice?'' Amy drops the sticks she's carrying and runs over to the radio and I follow her.