𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ∘ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

chapter xiii
( the walking dead: season one )

i   g u e s s   t h e r e   i s   n o   o n e   t o   b l a m e
w e ' r e   l e a v i n g   g r o u n d
w i l l   t h i n g s   e v e r   b e   t h e   s a m e   a g a i n ?
i t ' s   t h e   f i n a l   c o u n t d o w n
the final countdown ⎯⎯⎯ europe

i   g u e s s   t h e r e   i s   n o   o n e   t o   b l a m ew e ' r e   l e a v i n g   g r o u n dw i l l   t h i n g s   e v e r   b e   t h e   s a m e   a g a i n ?i t ' s   t h e   f i n a l   c o u n t d o w nthe final countdown ⎯⎯⎯ europe

atlanta
2010
( 3rd person's point of view )

TRIGGER WARNING
vomit, tears, angst

Merida's eyes flutter wide open as she breathes heavily. The scene from last night unfolds in her mind like a haunting reel, and she can't shake the disturbing images of Shane's actions toward Lori. The memory lingers, causing a sickening feeling to settle in the pit of her stomach. The weight of the unsettling experience gnaws at her, making it difficult for Merida to shake off the distressing thoughts.

Merida looks over at the single bed where Carol is peacefully asleep. A strong desire wells inside her to wake Carol and seek comfort. Deep down, Merida longs for the reassurance and warmth only a motherly figure can provide. It's a silent plea for the kind of nurturing love she's been missing.

Despite this yearning, Merida hesitates. She doesn't want to disrupt Carol's much-needed rest, understanding that she's tired and just wants a good night's sleep. Merida carefully slips out of the bed, attempting not to disturb Carol or Sophia's peaceful sleep. With silent steps, she makes her way to the bathroom. 

As she closes the bathroom door behind her, Merida leans over the sink, staring at her reflection in the mirror. The haunting images of Shane's actions continue to replay in her mind, amplifying the sickening feeling in her stomach. Her small need for comfort grows stronger, and Merida's hand clutches the edge of the sink for support.

Unable to contain it any longer, she feels a sudden rush, and Merida bends over the toilet and immediately she throws, emptying her stomach that was once full of food. The retching sounds echo in the small bathroom. Merida's eyes are wet with tears as she flushes the toilet.