CHAPTER 2: GOLDEN FINGER

#2: HER GOLDEN FINGER IS AN AI SYSTEM?

                          SHE ALMOST lost her sanity while running without stopping. Ali Morris couldn't understand everything. Three days after she left home, something occurred while she was buying food from a street vendor on the roadside. Someone yelled all of a sudden and screamed about something she couldn't figure out. She had no idea what exactly was going on because she ran with the waves of people who kept popping up from nowhere. As if they were injected with chicken blood. Almost all of the people in the bazaar area started to riot while the security personnel from nearby began to intervene for the civilian's safety, but they almost couldn't stop the people from fighting each other. Ali ran for almost ten minutes without a halt, is because some people from the commotions were now chasing after her, and some of the innocent civilians scattered around the area. When she looked back, she noticed their strange appearance from the corner of her eye. They looked like a humanoid, and there were dozens of them scattered everywhere. When they caught a person, they didn't kill it immediately, but made people unconscious or lost their consciousness in the blink of an eye. The humanoid hits the people on their scalp on the spot when they capture them. Ali doesn't want to be one of these people, she endured the tingling pain in her legs from the non-stop running just to escape from their line of sight. Until she ran past an alley. She halted abruptly, hid inside the empty trash bin she spotted, and concealed her breath not wanting to get caught. Even though her breathing was uneven, she restrained herself and tried hard to keep quiet. She didn't mind the countless drops of sweat around her face and the awful smell inside, and became vigilant around her surrounding areas. She could still hear the sound of sirens from the nearby security patrollers, but Ali didn't give a d*mn and prepared to stay inside the trash bin for safety precautions. Until about twenty minutes had passed when she decided to come out. Her face contorted due to the smell of garbage. She carefully stepped out of the alley when she no longer heard any noise around her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she made sure there was no one around. Ali went back to the apartment she rented three days ago. Even though she felt so tired, she still took a hot shower to wash the stench and get rid of the smell of garbage clinging to her body. After taking a bath, she feels comfortable now. She only ate a cup of noodles to fill her stomach before she lay down on the bed.

She watched the news on her phone about what happened that night. But to no avail, there is no news at all. As if everything didn't happen at all. So, what happened there? Is this some kind of non-governmental organization doing? What exactly there purpose? What about the innocent people they had captured? Her head almost hurt from thinking. Then she decided to find out about it tomorrow, and she dosed off after some time...

                        Ali woke up the next day as if it was just a dream that happened last night. She thought it might be a butterfly effect because of her rebirth that caused it to happen. Doomsday must be coming early without her realizing it. In that case, she also needs to speed up the preparations. As if the above Almighty heard Ali's grievances and something popped up inside her head, or it is correct to say that there was a voice that just spoke from her spiritual consciousness out of nowhere after she rubbed the black crystal pendant that came from her deceased mother. She remembered that it was her mother's heirloom that came from her grandmother. The corner of her lips curved and was puzzled at the same time.

“What on Earth is this?”

[Welcome, host. I'm your AI System. I'm here to help you survive the upcoming Doomsday. All you need to do is upgrade your system to unlock the materials you prefer. Do you want to know about your first mission? Just say yes using your mind, and we'll proceed further...]

“WHAT?! F-FOR REAL?” her eyes widened in an instant. She almost jumped up out of her bed.

[I'm an Artificial Intelligence upgraded version system from the third domain, and I'm created by my creator who came from the other dimension, and I was inside your mother's heirloom. I was created by the Ancestor that owns the black bead of the third domain, host. And you were the next generation heiress that the black bead has been chosen. So congratulations, my new host. Just ask me anything and I'll tell you everything as long as it's beyond my proficiency.] The mechanical voice explained.

“A-Alright. Then, do you have a space? How can we upgrade?” Ali gulped hard and waited for the system's answer expectantly.

[There's no space, host. Only a void but you cannot enter into it either. You need to collect enough energy from all kinds of stones that provide vitality around you. Finding it's a bit difficult, but having it can prevent the upcoming mishap. Are you ready to do the first task, host?]

“I-I don't know...” She feels reluctant because she can't tell if she can do it or could she complete it. She bowed her head and she was having a hard time digesting everything that she had learned.

[You can do it, host. I'll help you in every step of the way.] The AI System cheered her up.

“Really?” her eyes lit up with the system's assurance.

[Of course, host. I'm with you and I will never let you down.]

“Okay. Then, let's do it!” she exclaimed with eagerness.

                         When Ali Morris learned about her first mission, she was unsure about the information she obtained because according to her past life experience, the energy stone that she needed to accumulate could not be said to be acquired easily. According to the system's database, the nearest spot where she could collect the energy stone was located at the top of the mountain of Alpha Valley which is 100 kilometers away from her hometown in Crypton Village. And she was in the capital right now.

                    Ali borrowed money from a Real Estate agency and mortgaged her parent's house because according to her mother's last will, she couldn't sell the house without her father's authorization when she was still not at the right age, and she was only nineteen at that time, and she still need four years for that. She doesn't care if her father comes back when the house is not theirs anymore. She only has one month left, and to accomplish her first task, she needs enough cash to buy the equipment and materials that are required for her mission.

And now, she is ready... After loading the items into the car she had rented, she drove the car through the mountainous road with the help of the AI system GPS record.

To be continued. . .