CHAPTER 13:

#13: ESCAPE ROUTE (PART 2)

                             ALI KEPT HEARING the shots, and she was almost hit by a bullet the first time when she made a wrong move, so she ducked quickly and hid in a tree. Just to avoid the bullets that seemed to have come from a submachine gun, she didn't even see where Snooky went, who quickly jumped away from her. She gritted her teeth and prepared her weapon that was slung over her shoulder. She grabbed it and pointed it in the direction the shots were coming from. Using the telescope, she looked around the forest. All she could see was smoke and broken branches and the ravage from the bullets. If she had not been cautious and if not for the warning of the AI ​​system, she might have died on the spot immediately. She sighed and became more attentive to her surroundings. Her chest was also constantly pounding, maybe because of the adrenaline rush. The cold sweat on her forehead dripped nonstop. Now she will experience that warfare incident again and even though it's scary and risky, she has to be brave and be prepared. If she had to choose, she would rather confront the mutant beasts in the jungle than hide and seek with the speed of locusts that want to pierce her body.

Her body was almost trembling. She swallowed one after another when she could hear nothing but the chirping of birds. She could not see the source of the attack on her. When she thought that it might have come from the Aircraft they first encountered, she couldn't help but shudder. At the same time, it is disturbing, especially since it seems that the reason why she is the target now is because of her familiar elemental spirit. Maybe they already know something about Snooky... She remembered the AI ​​system alerting her again about someone wanting to hack information about her. Ali's eyes became sharper. She thought of heading towards the location of the energy stone that the AI ​​was talking about. But when she thought that Snooky wasn't by her side, she had second thoughts.

"Sh*t!" AI, can you track my Familiar's location right now? And who the h*ll was that perpetrator?!" She almost voiced it out because of her annoyance. But the system didn't respond and it only showed what appeared to be a GPS tracker. Where she sees two dots: one purple, one white, and one red?

"What are those three dots for?"

[You're the purple one, host. Your Familiar is the white dot,]

Ali raised an eyebrow and studied what looked like a map for a moment.

"And what is the red dot I see for? Why is it going in my direction?"

[Oh, be careful, host. Red dots mean, dangerous. It can be an enemy or a powerful creature.]

"WHAT?!" Ali's eyes almost widened because of what she found out. She pointed the sniper rifle in one direction again. She waited patiently for the arrival of the red dot she could see on the monitor. She noticed that the hot wind suddenly blew. As if the hot temperature around her is gradually increasing, especially in the direction where the red dot she sees is. It was almost a few meters away from her so she hid even more and assembled and ready her weapon. After a while, she noticed the movement of plants and tree branches as if a strong wind was passing by. But she didn't expect the next warning from the AI ​​system...

[Warning, host. The danger is approaching... It's came from the fire elemental spirit! You can't fight it, host. You have to stay away first. So run!]

"W-What—again? How is that possible? I thought,"

[There's no time, host...]

"Squirk!"

Ali frowned at the sound she heard. It's like how Snooky used to speak but the sound they create is different. And speaking of Snooky... she noticed the white dot on the monitor that was also approaching her location, but before it could get close, Ali ran to meet the white dot. She re-holstered her sniffer rifle and accelerated her pace and hop. She also avoided tripping due to tree roots and rocks blocking her path.

Until she saw Snooky jumping around, she was relieved and could breathe now, but she still felt a strange pressure that kept following her. So she hastened even more...

"Squeak! Squeak!"

"Snooky!" She quickly picked it up and headed to the location of the energy stone. She thought of a way to avoid a one-on-one clash with the fire elemental spirit. She will use it to get the mutant creature guarding the energy stone she needs out of its lair.

She will try to reach even though she is gradually feeling tired and shaking in her legs. She also placed her weapon in AI's portable space first to speed up her running because the weight of it would only make her feel more tired.

"Squeak..."

It seems that Snooky has sensed the approach of its elemental spirit sibling. Ali doesn't want that to happen because she doesn't know what the outcome will be when those who follow her know that she has their little sibling.

"Snooky, just behave." She rubbed its head, and it seemed that it understood what she wanted to happen. As before, it was able to change shape again and it initiated to jump on her shoulder and nestled to her neck. Ali almost hit it because of what it did. She still has a tickle there so she arranged its place.

Until they finally reach the area that is almost at the top of the mountain of Alpha Valley. She was so out of breath and exhausted, she completely fell to the ground due to the trembling of her knees. She is like a wilted vegetable right at that moment. Fortunately, that fire elemental spirit didn't follow her anymore. According to the AI ​​system, if she encounters someone like Snooky, Ali knows that she has nothing left to lose. Fortunately, her Familiar was different. What she should avoid from all of them is the fire and lightning elemental spirit with a bad temper. The wind and water elemental spirits are said to be the most gentle of their kind but also have a volcanic temper when angry. So Ali has to extend her patience every time she handles Snooky. Fortunately, it behaves especially when she gives it a crystal stone that serves as its food.

It's a good thing that it hasn't been interested in the energy stone that her system also needs, but according to AI, Once Snooky's upgrade reaches the 5ft level, it also needs the power that comes from the energy stone from the mutant beasts to increase its power. It is currently only at the 4th level. Even though it needs a lot of energy stones to level up, it is said that it cannot simply upgrade to five levels because of the energy it needs. The fire elemental spirit that follows them is said to be currently at level six and is said to be 400 thousand years old. It is said that it felt the presence of the wind elemental spirit so it followed Ali. The mutant creature guarding the said last energy stone is also at level four so the AI ​​knows that it will also be difficult for her to defeat it. If she can get it out of its lair, she can still succeed in achieving her goal. That's why Ali thought that way. Because she knew that she could easily defeat that mutant creature until now she didn't know what kind of beast it was if it fought against the fire elemental spirit.

By the way, what exactly happened to the one who attacked her before that elemental spirit arrived? Ali fell into deep thought while resting in the shade of a large tree.

To be continued. . .