CHAPTER 5: UNKNOWN

#5: THE CATASTROPHE IS LURKING IN THE DARK (PART 1)

                          “AI, ILLUSTRATE my status and how can I improve it. I want to understand my weaknesses, strengthen my stamina, and enhance my skills. Can you help me with that?”

[No problem, host, and here's your Profile chart:

Ali Morris, 19 years old. A female and an orphan. Got reborn and had a golden finger, which is me, host. You had 30% in combat skills, 20% in physical endurance, and 40% in mental strength ability—]

“W-Wait! H-How can you say that I am an orphan? I only lost my mother, don't tell me...” she gasped. “Y-You mean,”

[I'm sorry for your loss, host, and yes. You've become an orphan due to your father's sudden death since last year. You don't know a thing about the cause of his death, and your stepmother didn't tell you the truth when in fact, they already knew what happened to your father during his absence. The company where your father's working has compensated for your family's lost, host. But your father's second family is too stingy to inform you.]

“H-How can this thing happen? And why did they do that—” she huffed and puffed. Her chest stung and her breathing became unstable. The tears started to fall on her cheeks like waterfalls. She felt betrayed once again. Ali gritted her teeth and clenched both of her fists.

That's why they're unwilling to let go of the house that I only had right now. I'm thankful because I didn't notify them about selling the house, but after two weeks, the House will be taken care of by the Real Estate Company where I mortgaged it when I borrowed money, and I don't have the slightest concern for them because of what they did. It's not enough actually, and I will make sure that they would suffer enough when our path will cross again. I'm not a vengeful person, but I could kill if I had to...

                    When Ali got back to her senses, she fell into deep thoughts one more time.

“AI, how come you know this kind of information? Are you telling the truth? If it was, do you know how my father died? What about my mother? I vaguely remember that I was only three years old when my Mom, died. I only knew that she had an accident back then, but I have no idea what really went on. So, tell me, do you have some clue?” she was so eager to learn the truth, and if the mother and daughter pair had something to do with her mother's death, she'd make sure that they had to pay big times. In her previous life, she'd been clueless all the time, and she never thought about the reason why her father never returned then, so that was the entire thing that happened.

I became a fool and ignorant back then. Therefore, the intention of the duo is very obvious, they want to get rid of me even though Doomsday hasn't occurred yet. The lightning that struck her on the spot wasn't caused by natural calamity or because heaven got angry and decided to punish her. It came from the advanced weapon made by the research institutions which became the backer of Charina because that b*tch happen to be the Director's woman! That big shot of a man is the one behind the tragedy of many people during that time when catastrophic man-made disasters made by them became chaotic. Not only do natural disasters strike, but even the reason behind the mutation of the animals; living or non-living beings have evolved upon their destructive and harmful experiments due to their obsession and madness with their failed project, which resulted in negligence and error that caused the people to struggle, then die.

[I'm now a part of you, host. And your thoughts become my concern. But right now, you don't have to worry about anything. You need to concentrate on your training, host. If you are strong enough, you can make them pay later. I'm at your side. I will never let you down, host.] The AI ​​system reassures her as if she can feel how sincere it is.

                           Before getting ready to climb the mountain again, Ali calmed herself down and only then continued to make sure that she was okay despite what she found out. She tied her long hair into a ponytail, and after eating her bag of bread and canned milk, she left with a pistol and a machete on both waists. She decided to cut her hair short when she returned to town so as not to be a nuisance during her movement while training.

What Ali didn't know was that when she first encountered the mutant phyton, her real training had just begun. But the main reason why she was risking her life being able to go to the top of the dangerous mountain is just the tip of the iceberg. She still needs to collect the energy stone that her AI system needs, and the AI's goal is to be upgraded to the third level to have the chance to promote and level up into advanced AI. That way, everything will be easy for its host and it can now predict the danger in advance, and it can also collect a piece of information that its host requests. So that Ali wouldn't have any more trouble carrying her mountain bag, the AI ​​brought out a box that looked like Rubic cubes. When Ali finds out what its use is, her eyes brighten up, and she feels relieved. It's like a portable or spatial container that can be used as a compartment where you can store your stuff, and the AI system can also keep it safe, Ali only needs to say what she wants, and the materials will pop up immediately. She is now also wearing the protective suit that came from the first-level item in its inventory. It is said that it will help protect against the bites of insects and sharp objects that can injure her, and she's already thankful for that. The material is limited only, but with every leveling up, it can be unlimited when the final upgrade will exceed. The more levels it could promote the better the equipment she would get in return. Ali was looking forward to it.

[Host, I can detect something approaching from behind the big tree in the northwest. But I can't determine if it's a dangerous thing or not. Just be careful, host.] The AI warned her. Her steps halted in an instant and she was dumbfounded. She became alert and positioned herself in attack mode. The Machete in one hand, holding it tight while the other remains in the holster that is attached to her waist, ready to pull the pistol anytime.

“Squake...”

“...”

*Scratching...scratching...*

“W-What is that, can you find out?” she inquired the AI system. She can't help but gulp hard with an anxious look. She hasn't fully recovered yet upon encountering the second-level beast yesterday, and now, there is more.

“AI, can you estimate how many chances I could have to win against it? If ever...”

[I think there's a low chance, host. Besides, we can't still figure out what exactly it is. Do you want me to—]

“Squake!”

Ali's gloomy eyes dilated and her body froze in an instant.

To be continued. . .