CHAPTER 8: A UFO?

#8: BEHIND THE SOFT OUTER THERE ARE SHARP EDGES (PART 2)

                                   “SQUEAK, SQUEAK—”

“Shut up!” Ali almost shouted when the bouncing thing made a noise once more; as if it was excited about something.

She stopped reprimanding it when she heard a different noise that seemed to come from an engine or machine in the air.

The wind got even stronger and if it wasn't for the wide body of the tree where she was hiding, she might have been blown away.

Only then did Ali remember her machete that she had thrown somewhere and she couldn't stop regretting it.

When she peeked out from behind the tree, there was a bit of darkness in that area which was created from the shadow of a spaceship-like thing, so she looked up subconsciously.

She was startled at what she saw. She discovers that it is indeed an aircraft or spaceship!

Its shape seemed to be a starship that she had only seen before in a movie or TV show. However, it's not that big but it's still astonishing!

What is that thing doing here most of all, Ali only witnessed it here because even in her previous life she had never experienced such an encounter.

“Squeak, squeak!”

“Hey!” she almost cursed when the bouncing thing suddenly let go of her embrace. The elemental spirit jumped to where the aircraft was and Ali almost turned pale because of what the stubborn bouncing thing did next!

“Squeakeee!”

It even managed to jump up and down in the middle of where the aircraft was currently stationed. Suddenly, what seemed to be a spotlight from that aircraft opened and focused on the elemental spirit which was just like playing in the air.

Ali almost hit her head against the tree where she was hiding because of what it was doing. Her lips almost bled from her strong bite due to mixed emotions.

She seems to want to be annoyed or angry with it, and at the same time, she is also afraid of the thought that it will be held captive by the owner or operator of that Aircraft.

She also hesitated whether to show up to save the innocent creature who was now her familiar.

She was about to lose hope when the AI ​​system suddenly spoke to her spiritual consciousness which gave her confidence.

[You can now talk to your familiar using the mind link, host. You can command it with just your mind so that you can easily get it to follow you.]

“Really? I can do that?” she asked the AI ​​in disbelief.

[You can try now, host, before it's too late—] but it seems that the warning was too late now because Ali just noticed the red laser focused in the direction of the bouncing thing.

She heard successive shots from a machine gun. The aircraft riders are now firing at the elemental spirit! Her eyes almost bulged as the surroundings seemed to go into slow motion.

The elemental spirit dodged every bullet that hit it one by one at a higher speed, and it could do that?! It jumped up and down while avoiding every shot and like a wind, Ali could barely see its every move.

But what she didn't expect was that it was going towards her hiding spot while jumping up and down!

“G**d d*mn it!”

“SQUEAK, SQUEAK!”  it seems that it has forgotten to show off and is suddenly confused, so instead of continuing to avoid the assaults from the aircraft, it just thinks of hiding all of a sudden.

If this creature only had a groin, Ali would pinch it in frustration and annoyance because of its stupidity. She thought of just receiving it.

“AI, give me a quick route to escape, immediately!” she ordered the system frantically while gritting her teeth. And it followed quickly. It brought out a holographic screen in front of her that only she could see.

It was only the second time the AI did it and the other time was when she pointed out the exact location of the Alpha Valley Mountain.

[In 3'oclock thirty meters away, there's a hole behind the tree with yellow leaves. It's like a passage connected to a cave, host and you can hide there for the time being—]

“Squeak...!”

Ali's lips were tightly pressed while waiting for the arrival of her familiar. When she peeked again at its location, she noticed the glowing object that was being hit by the spotlight.

The light also follows the bouncing thing in every direction. Her eyes lit up as the glowing thing probably came from the blade of the machete she had lost.

She came up with an idea and without hesitation came out of her hiding place. She quickly ran to meet her familiar who when it saw her became even more excited jumping up and down and making noise.

But she ignored it. She was grateful because it looked like the enemy ran out of ammunition or they were just reloading. She took advantage of the few seconds delay in their attack.

She slid on the ground and with the help of the dry leaves scattered around, she quickly reached the location of her machete blade.

After grabbing it, she immediately ran back and it seemed that at that moment those in the aircraft were also preparing to attack again, so she ran even faster until she almost went limp.

She even managed to outrun the playful elemental spirit who was able to stop when it realized she was aiming in a different direction.

“SQUEAK!”

Ali heard a firing sound one after another from the machine gun from behind her that almost made her knees go weak.

She is now having a cold sweat too but she didn't let herself get distracted. She caught the mischievous bouncing thing and spun around and threw the machete with all her might even though it was heavy.

And it seems that her familiar noticed what she wanted to aim and to her astonishment, she just felt the strong energy flowing through her body from the elemental spirit and through her hands, and her jaw almost dropped as in a flash she threw the machete blade with such force and speed in the direction of the aircraft with a swoosh sound!

Just a few moments later, she heard an explosion and the sound of an alarm sounding from the sky, so Ali Morris didn't waste any more time because of the shock.

She started running again in the direction given by the AI ​​system. She never looked back and only tightened her grip on her noisy familiar. She tried to communicate with it using her mind as the system said.

‘Please, be quiet, or else, we'll be a dead meat soon. Cooperate with me and I'll reward you later, okay? Let's hide first.’ it seems that it had an effect because it became quiet and decided to nestle into her embrace.

In her mind, she even heard its answer with a squeak that seemed to be the only sound it could create. Ali sighed.

She still thought it was the same as her AI system that could speak. She shook her head in disappointment.

To be continued. . .