CHAPTER 12:

#12: ESCAPE ROUTE (PART 1)

                      SHE RAN A FEW meters then turned around and fired the pistol when they were only a few feet away. After that, she also quickly stuck the dagger she was holding in its neck which made it cry out in pain. She rolled on the ground away from the mutant wolf afterward. The other two left growled after they saw what happened to their two companions. They became more alert, so Ali prepared herself again even though she was already feeling tired because all she was doing was running.

“Squeak?”

She was stunned when she heard her Familiar speak that she just now remembered. It remained on her shoulder, which was not even affected by what transpired and was still attached to it. Ali noticed the energy gradually releasing from its body which made her eyes widen.

“S-Snooky, what are you doing?”

"Squeak!"

"Grrr..."

Ali looked again at the wolf who let out a howl. She noticed its gradual retreat as if it suddenly had second thoughts to rush and attack her. She suddenly thought and couldn't stop wondering. She felt a strange coldness wrap around her other shoulder where Snooky was resting and it seemed that she already knew why the remaining wolves suddenly felt qualm. That is because of the strong energy that Snooky emits. She had the confidence that she could also defeat the other two that were left so she initiated an attack. She rushed at the one closest to her and then she slashed her dagger lengthwise into the wolf's body just as it was about to jump on her. She also immediately shot it before it could make a move again. It fell to the ground and suddenly started twitching like the previous two. It seems that the impact of the bullet from the pistol she was holding was really powerful. It can kill them on the spot no matter where you hit them.

"Awooohhh...!"

She quickly turned to the remaining one that was left when it suddenly howled and called for backup. It was about to retreat and run away but she immediately thought of throwing the dagger in its direction. And just like what happened to the aircraft that she hit earlier with the machete, she just felt the flow of strong energy in her hand from the elemental spirit that was on her shoulder. Like a flash, the dagger she threw plunged in the direction of the running mutant wolf. It let out a grunt and just fell to the ground with a slide that managed to hit a tree until it stopped moving. When Ali approached it, she realized that she had hit it right on the back of its head. It even surprised her.

[You hit its energy stone inside its head, host. So it quickly lost its life after completely losing all its energy. It's only a pity because I can't use that energy anymore. After all, it's gone after it's broken.]

Ali was stunned and she couldn't believe it! She couldn't stop regretting it either.

“What a pity indeed...” she just shook her head.

Before the backup of the wolves she fought arrived, after taking her dagger that was buried in the wolf's head and taking the energy stone of the three remaining ones, she quickly departed and headed to the direction of the Cabin her AI system was talking about. She felt exhausted all of a sudden.

The next morning, Ali almost didn't want to get up because of the pain in her body. Fortunately, she got the medicine from the system's inventory that helped soothe and ease the pain she was feeling. She can only get the most effective medicine if the AI ​​system can upgrade to the third level. And she must work hard for it.

“AI, show me my status,” she ordered the system while eating a nutrient paste that tasted like Macaroni. She was currently sitting on the rocking chair that was in the old cabin near the river. The area where she hides in the small cabin is abundant in grass and mossy, so if it wasn't for the help of the AI ​​system, she wouldn't have been able to discover it immediately, especially in those dark times. As soon as she arrived, she immediately asked for the sleeping bag she was carrying inside the portable space of the system and immediately stretched out and rested after she ate supper. She didn't even bother to clean her body because she was tired. Every muscle in her legs and feet tensed. Fortunately, Snooky kept behaving by her side and returned to its proper size after making sure that there was no more danger around them. Ali didn't even care about the dusty and cobweb-filled interior of the cabin. She just looked for a good spot and lit an alcohol lamp then she took a nap. At that moment, she felt comfortable going to sleep because she knew that only her golden finger and her additional Familiar were there to protect her at all costs while she was absent-minded with her surroundings.

[Host's Stats: 45% in combat skills, 35% in physical endurance, 50% in mental strength ability, and 25% for other skills.]

Ali frowned. “What's with the other skills you mean?” she couldn't stop being curious.

[Because you can adapt to your surroundings, and every time you encounter danger, your strength also increases tremendously. So keep up the good work, host. Soon, I can upgrade to the second level in no time. There's only one energy stone left on this mountain. You must obtain it no matter what.]

Ali thought about what the AI ​​system said.

“Alright! Tell me the location of that energy stone so I can prepare now.”

After it told the location of the energy stone, Ali quickly got ready. But before that, she thought of taking a bath in the river she passed last night because she hadn't showered in almost four days. But every time she remembers what she went through before she was reborn, it almost takes a few weeks before she can clean her body properly. At that time, she was also forced to cut her hair due to the lack of clean water. And speaking of water... she remembered to ask the AI ​​system if before doomsday she would be able to save and store water using its portable space. It will be a hassle if she can't even take a bath. She is a clean freak even though she has experienced poverty so she knows that she will not be comfortable if it happens. Because of the time she stayed alive in her previous life almost every night she couldn't sleep well not only because she had to be vigilant every moment. That was because she was dirty. Now that the system is there to help her, she will try to live as she always has even though it's the end of the world.

After changing her clothes, Ali got ready to climb to the top of the Mountain again. According to the information provided by the AI ​​system, such as the previous ones, the said third energy stone is in a hidden location or underground. At that time, it is said that there is a strong creature guarding it because that is also the source of the strength of such a creature such as the Mutant Fox that they encountered. That's why Ali needs to prepare for their encounter. She changed into a new protective suit that can attach weapons to its belt. She asked the AI ​​for a machete a dagger that time and an Assault rifle for long-range just to be convenient for her safety. Now she's ready.

[WARNING: Danger is approaching, danger is approaching! Be careful, host—]

“WHAT?!”

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

“What the h*ck was that?!”

“Squeak, squeak!”

“Sh*t! Snooky, come back here!”

To be continued. . .