CHAPTER 7: MAKE A CONTRACT

#7: BEHIND THE SOFT OUTER THERE ARE SHARP EDGES (PART 1)

                                 “SQUEAKEEE!!!”

“D*MN IT!” as she suspected, it quickly released from her tight grip when the tightness of her clinging to it was reduced by at least 3%. After it got rid of her, it jumped a few meters away from her. Ali's mind went blank in an instant. She stiffened and could not move immediately. Now, she's doom!

*SWOOSH!!!*

The gust of wind blew up with harshness. She couldn't help but cover her face with both arms to avoid getting hurt more. She rolled a few times just to avoid hitting the vital points of her body because of the blade of wind coming from the elemental spirit that it unleashed. Since yesterday, it seems that it has become a routine for her to roll on the ground just to avoid seeing the Reaper. Tss!

There's only one reason why it's messed up and went berserk, it looks like she made a mistake in dealing with it. She touched the wrong spot!

Thanks to the help of the protective suit she was wearing, the damage she would have received was reduced in half. But she still couldn't stop being in pain even though her back was about to heal after she applied medicine from the system's inventory and it hurt again!

“AI, what should I do now? How can I escape with my body still intact—g**dd*mn it!” she was almost out of breath because of the tiredness and dizziness she felt while she kept on avoiding its attack and explosive power. She is no match for it. And perhaps, after a few seconds, her consciousness will completely swallow her again if she can't still come up with an idea.

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t! She cursed out loud. She's helpless right now and feels hopeless at the same time.

“Squeak, squeak!”

“WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! WHY DON'T YOU JUST, SPARE ME?!” I lost my composure due to extreme frustration and despair.

“Squeakee...”

“Now what? Are you gonna kill me now? Just do it, but make sure you will do it very quickly, or else...” Ali stood up and turned her back then tightly closed her eyes while clenching her fists. She waited for its next move, she also noticed that the AI ​​system just went silent and it didn't even answer her. But she didn't bother to complain. Because her body was still weak, she knew she couldn't do anything at that moment. Even though she wanted to fight, she was a coward at that time. But the attack she expected from the elemental spirit did not happen, almost a minute later she still felt nothing in her body. Her body must have gone completely numb from the beating she got from avoiding it.

“Squeake...”

She froze on the spot. She feels it under her leg, the creature rubs its body on her leg. Her eyes widened.

“What on Earth—”

“Squeak, squeak?”

“W-What are you doing?” she couldn't stop her muscles from shuddering and she shivered. It continued what it was doing and was even able to move around on her two legs and squeeze itself towards her. Ali bit her lower lip. What is she going to do now? What does this guy want from her? And why did it stop attacking her? Her mind almost can't keep up and she gets a headache.

[It wants you to cuddle it, host. And congratulations! You successfully earn its empathy. You can now sign a contract with it to be your familiar.]

“W-What do you mean?” she gulped hard as if her throat were so dry.

[Don't worry, host. It'll stop attacking you now. You can even touch it now with your bare hand—]

“Really?” she asked suspiciously.

“Squeake...”

And to get an answer, she subconsciously stretched her trembling hand and touched its head. But to her surprise, it even bites her!

“ARGH!” What the—” Her eyes dilated and she stared at it in disbelief. She thought it didn't have a mouth, but when her two eyes saw its sharp teeth, she was almost frightened and stiffened even more. She didn't even notice the blood dripping from her finger that it cut from its bite. She just noticed that it came close again and jumped on her, which shocked her. She closed her eyes involuntarily but the only thing she felt was the warm thing that touched her fingers on her hand. The pain that she felt from the wound that she received disappeared like a bubble. She can't believe what she just saw after opening her eyes again!

The Elemental spirit emits a light around its body but that is only momentary. What's unbelievable is what it did to her wound! When she examined the fingers on her hand, she could not find any wounds there, and it seemed that even the blood that had dripped had been cleaned up. She swallowed again.

[The contract is successful, host. It is now your familiar and you can summon it anytime you are in trouble. But beware of its kind. This one was one of the youngest among them so its thinking was like a five-year-old child and what it did, it is not its concern. All this creature wanted from you was your warmth and affection. Like I said, all this one wants is to be cuddled.]

In short, it's like a baby that only wants the mother's love and care. Ali sighed. She squatted down and was about to approach the bouncing thing but suddenly she heard a rustling in a direction that sounded like a torrent was coming. The wind blew hard and the dry leaves flew around. The trees are also swaying and dancing. The atmosphere also darkened in an instant.

“What's happening...”

[WARNING: Danger is approaching, danger is approaching—]

“Squeak, squeak!”

“Not again...”

Ali quickly took the bouncing thing and quickly hid in the biggest and widest tree there. She held her breath as she waited for what would happen and what was coming. The AI ​​system was still warning but she didn't think about it. Involuntarily she hugged the Elemental spirit tightly and ignored its struggles. But just to make it stop and be quiet, she loosened her hold on it a little and caressed its soft and fluffy head. And it seems the creature loves it because it also calms down quickly. She was relieved because of that, but she never let her guard down and was on alert to her surroundings.

“Squeak...”

To be continued. . .

(A/N: short update and not edited.)