CHAPTER 3: IN DANGER!

#3: THE DANGERS BEHIND THE QUIET MOUNTAIN (PART 1)

                               SHE DROVED FOR an hour until she got to the foot of the highest mountain of Alpha Valley. According to the tracker of the AI system, she needs to walk on foot to reach the top of the mountain. She parked the vehicle she used in a secluded place so that no one would notice it before she decided to continue climbing the said mountain. Ali had no idea of ​​the disaster that awaited her as soon as she set foot on the mountain. If it wasn't for the AI ​​system's warning, she knew she would be in danger if she wasn't careful. With this, her first trip was easy, until the two hours of walking uphill were over. During those hours, she also stopped and rested three times, because her body was still very weak. Because of that, it looks like she needs to train, and mountain climbing is one of her first training sessions. An hour passed but she still did not reach the top of the mountain. She was almost out of breath as more than an hour and a half passed again. When she finally stopped, the AI ​​system gave a warning that it had detected an approaching danger. So she became attentive and cautious until she heard a rustling sound in one direction, she braced herself for what might surprise her. She tightly held the army knife that was the only defense she carried. She positioned herself in the act of attacking when she sensed the presence of someone coming. The AI ​​system did not explain if it knows something every time it detects a danger, because it is also said to be designed for the hard training of the previous owner or its former host. It will only release a killing weapon that its host needs in its inventory each time it upgrades. The reason why they are there now in the first place is to find something that can help upgrade it,  and with each upgrade, only then will each item of its inventory be unlocked. That's why at that time the AI ​​system was of no use to her, and she could only rely on herself at most, and she felt bitter because of it. Fortunately, before she died in her previous life, she was also able to train and practice self-defense or fighting combat. But she cannot be sure of her safety since she is not aware of what is coming.

“Hisss...!!!”

Ali's eyes widened when a giant snake came out from where she almost bit her head, if she didn't get away immediately she would surely die. She rolled on the ground just to avoid its surprise attack. If it wasn't for her fast reflexes, it would have been her doom! She felt shocked but quickly composed herself. She squatted down while the sharp blade she was holding was almost lost from her grip, so she clasped it and tightened her hold on it. When she looked up, the five-meter-long python with a head almost as big as the mouth of a drum was almost charging forward! Holy sh*t! It's not the beginning of doomsday but why are some mutant animals coming out of their lairs?

She jumped again and rolled to dodge another attack. What can her little knife do if just one swipe of it will swallow her whole?

“D*mn it!” she cursed. She almost got a few scratches on her body because the ground she rolled on several times had protruding roots of wood and sharp stones. She needs to figure out the right way to defeat it or she needs to come up with an idea to escape from it. She asked the AI ​​system again with her mind, which suddenly went silent after the big snake came out. If it only had a body, she would probably have kicked it because it was useless when she needed it at a critical juncture.

“AI, what's the situation? Is there any other way you can help me to escape this sh*t?!” she gritted her teeth out of frustration. While talking to the AI ​​system, she steadily dodged every attack of the mutant python, and when there was no answer from it, driven by annoyance, she threw the blade with all her might. But to her surprise, she couldn't believe that she could hit it. The army knife she threw into its middle body sank seven inches away from its head. It let out a pained hissing sound and fell heavily to the ground which even managed to hit the large trunk of the tree when Ali quickly hid after jumping just to avoid its attack. She can't believe it! She really did it!

“Oh my god! I-I killed it?” she was about to approach it when she noticed that it was no longer moving when suddenly its long tail swung out unexpectedly.

“Hisss...!!!”

“SH*T!!” but it was too late before she could avoid it. She was as light as paper when she flew after being hit by its tail. Unfortunately, her back also hit the body of a tree when she fell after her body was thrown a few meters away from it.

“ARGH!” she vomited blood after falling to the ground with a thud. She caught her breath and almost fainted because of the extreme pain in her whole body, especially in her back. It looks like she even broke her spinal cord from the force of her back hitting the tree. Suddenly her vision blurred. Her senses didn't work for a moment. He cursed the AI ​​system in her mind. Then she completely passed out. About the big snake, she barely didn't care if it was still alive and didn't even care if it ate her whole.

[The first upgrade was completed. You can unlock the first batch of the inventory now. Congratulations! You can now—host, are you there? Oh, I'm sorry, host. Just take some rest first...]

[Defense shield, activated!]

[Sleep well, host.]

To be continued. . .

(A: Poor Ali... Tsk, tsk, tsk.)