008 | I'm Sorry |

The last thing you could think of was his fangs inside the flesh of your neck. Blood being drained from your system. Your eyes being heavy, the world going fuzzy... Then black. Opening your eyes with a foggy feeling. Your vision slowly came back as you let out a small groan. You look around to see you were in Seonghwa's bed, under his soft covers. While Hwa sat on the couch facing the fire, so his back was to you.

"You're awake." He says quietly, not wanting to turn, rather tending to the fire instead. You grip the covers feeling your heart heavy. Pulling your other hand up to your neck, feeling where he bit you. But the markings of the bites are now gone, cleaned up and attended to. Was it disappointment you felt, not feeling the indents?

"I'm sorry. I-... Lost control." He snapped you out of your thoughts with the sound of guilt pooling out of his words. He was disgusted. He almost killed you. If it wasn't for Yeosang pulling him off of you with his magic, you'd most certainly be gone cold right now.

"H-hwa..." You weren't scared, you were here, feeling every feeling and seeing him wallow from the thought of losing you. You were concerned. It wasn't his fault — for the most part— it's in his nature. Sometimes control slips away, sometimes letting go happens. But that doesn't make him a monster. You stand up walking over slowly towards him, feeling your legs wobble lightly. His eyes strained on the fire, not wanting to turn his attention to you. Clenching his jaw, he feels uncertainty about you so close, worried he might let go again. You tilt your head so your gaze would fall in front of him, trying to get him to look at you.

"You should be resting..." He turns his head to look over at the large window, avoiding you. But you were having none of it.

"Hwa. Look at me please." You say, now standing in front of him with your arms crossed. He just sighed in response, still looking away. You huff out, pushing him against the back of the couch so you could straddle his lap.

"Seonghwa! Look at me now!" You say a little louder than intended, putting your hands on his shoulders. He snaps his gaze to you, stunned at your actions. His hands gripping the velvet couch, he had no clue where to look, let alone place his appendages.

"It's not your fault, Hwa... Please just look at me." You pleaded, feeling a ball of saliva get caught in your throat. One of your hands moves from his shoulder to his cheek, finally making him look at you. He is met with your soft stare. He melted.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers, head falling to lean against your shoulder. You feel your heartbreak seeing him like this, instinctively moving in to hug him tight. He took a moment but he returned the hug, wrapping his arm around your figure. He took a sharp breath, taking in your scent, while you do the same, feeling comfort settle in.

It felt like time had stopped, your brain still thinking this was all a dream that you built in your mind. From the moment you walked in the front door, it was nothing more than a fantasy. But at the point, you didn't care, whether this was real or fake. All you could think about was him.

"Hwa..." You pull away, this time his hand comes up to gold your cheek. You smile at him, making his heart flutter. You both inch closer, and closer. Your breath mixing, hearts beating as one. Nothing felt more right...more real.

He tasted sweet, like cherries and sugar syrup, there was a touch of saltiness on your tongue from the tears that had fallen down his cheeks earlier while you slept. He made sure he had no reminisce of them when you did awake but he seemed to fail on keeping them a secret. Your hand played with the hair on the nape of his neck, deepening the kiss with every tug.

Taking a large breath through your nose, you grip tighter on his shoulders. He keeps his hand in its place, holding your cheek as his thumb softly caresses your skin. His other hand, however, moves slowly to hold your lower back firmly, pulling your waist closer to him. You felt him pull away slightly, his forehead pressed against yours. His lips ghosting on your own with each word as he spoke.

"Do you love me..." It was a question but it fell from his lips rather as a statement that he whispered in the hope it would sink into reality. It took a second, feeling the intense urge to yell out yes over and over. You only knew him for this night, but it felt like years. Having all these new experiences happening in moments after one another, it seemed like a fantasy but nothing felt more real than the moment his lips touched yours.

"Yes...I do, I love you.." your whispered back, smiling widely as your breath tickled his lips. He connected to your lips again this time it's more intense as if kissing you was the only thing we knew. The only thing keeping him alive—or unalive—as he could put it. Pulling your bodies together, holding you tighter, almost afraid you'd slip away from him if he let's go.

You would have becomed overwhelmed by your emotions if it wasn't for your senses being filled with every part of Seonghwa. His taste, his smell, his lips, eyes, smile, everything. Intoxicating. Your heart was hammering in your chest—he could feel each beat in his ears— as you felt his soft skin on yours. Your nose filled with the scent of his body—while he smelt the sweetness of you. You both had one thought on your mind and it was too much to hold it in any longer.

You needed each other.

987