P A R T - 8

I'm greeted by good mornings and good days as I reach the EuroVita HQ. As soon as I get out of the lift on the 28th floor, Reeta comes running towards me with my coffee in her hand. "Good morning ma'am, how are you?"

"I'm just fine Reeta, how are you?" I say taking the coffee from her.

"I'm afraid I'm not that fine ma'am. You see, when I contacted Jenna, Mr. Rossi's assistant, the only time slot they were available at was from 7am to 8:30am." She said, fear lacing her voice as we were walking to my office.

"Darling, my office hours start from 8:30am, did you mention that to Jenna?"

"Yes ma'am I did but I'm afraid they said that Mr. Rossi wasn't free any other time this week and he felt this meeting was very important for him to have, so they didn't budge on the timings."

We're nearing my office door and I see someone's shadow inside through my blinds. "Darling it's 7:15." I say looking down at my watch. "And would you happen to know who's in my office?"

I'm opening my office door when she mutters under her breath say, "Yes ma'am I think I might have an idea..."

As I open my door, I'm in complete and utter disbelief. "Ma'am, this is Mr. Luca Rossi, founder and CEO of-"

"Yes, I know. You can leave." I say shutting her down. This day couldn't have started better.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, I know I should've done better and-" Reeta continues but I cut her off again.

"We'll talk about this later Darling, why don't you give me some privacy for now, let me start the meeting?"

"Yes ma'am." She says as she leaves, closing the door behind her.

"Mr. Rossi, thankyou for waiting for me." I say acknowledging him for the first time, bringing my hand out for him to shake. He stands up to do so and I realise just how tall he is. And when I say that, I mean it because I'm not short. I'm 5'7. And this man looks to be just about 6'4-6'5. I can see the resemblance between him and ponytail.

"I heard you were known to be punctual miss Laghari, but I guess this was due to your assistant's impotence." He says in a taunting manner as if he isn't the one barging into my office before hours.

"And I thought your business was legal and that my father worked for Horizon, not for the Capo of the Italian Mafia. But I guess we can't trust everything we are told, can we. And as for my assistant, I can hire my employees without your inputs, thankyou." I reply.

He seemed a bit shocked at this, as if he's never had someone talk to him like this before.

"I see you like to get to the point." He says.

"Mr. Rossi I'm a busy woman and I don't like to waste People's time or let mine be wasted. As I'm sure you are too and that's why your at my office before hours disrupting my day." I can be rude and bitchy, I try to stop it but this man is making it really hard for me to do so.

I pull a chair out as I sit down and a realise that I didn't have a chance to properly take him in till now.
He was an extremely handsome man. He had broad shoulders and a sculpted jaw. His face was chiseled and I could see his shirt straining at his biceps. Well! It seems like no one told me he was hot!

"Well then let's get down to business, shall we?" He speaks, his voice deep and heavy.

"Yes, their are some things I'd like to make clear before we discuss our arrangements. I was not aware that Antonio Rossi was your brother and that the other three men worked for you. Shooting them was not in any way a message to start war. But they did enter my property without invitation, thereby trespassing and so I had punish them." I say making it clear that this was a meeting to ensure peace between both our worlds.

"Yes, I understand what you did had to be done. And Antonio already said that you didn't want war. But he didn't tell me what mafia you're part of?"

"I'm not a part of any mafia Mr. Rossi. My business in clean, built from the ground up."

"You're telling me that your idea of shooting someone as punishment doesn't stem from a mafia?"

"I was drunk." I stated

He looked at me as if their was more to say.

"I have anger issues and I'm highly skilled at handling guns, knives and humans. All legally." I add the last part.

"You can see why that doesn't make me believe that you're not in mafia, right?" He asks. And it's true, but why the fuck would I care?

"Mr. Rossi I have a gun licence if that's what you're worried about but my father wanted me to be professionally trained in martial arts and I am. What I don't see is why that matters and quite frankly I have no interest in making you believe that I'm not a part of a mafia. What I am interested in is getting my father's files, a list of everything I want and everything that I'm willing to offer you for it was sent to you I assume. If you have anything to amend in that list, we can discuss it. I hope your assistant told you that was supposed to be the agenda of our meeting today."

"Yes, She did and I have no amendments to the arrangement described. I was just here to understand what kind of a person I'm getting in bed with."

"I'll ask someone to bring in the paper work then. And if you just wanted to get to know how I would handle your mafia background you should've done so at a diner, not in my office before hours."

"That 'anger issues' comment really cleared things up." He says as I call for Reeta to bring in the paper work for us to sign.

"I'm glad." I replied not looking at him as Reeta sent the paper work to my I Pad.

I hand him the apple pencil as I'm done signing it. He signs it. It's done. I'm officially in bed with the diavolo.
[Italian- Devil]

"You know, I might just take you up on that offer for dinner, if you're interested in joining me this Friday 9pm at La Rossi."  He says with a look that might've had most girls on their knees for him. But I'm not most girls.

Maybe I should go, he's quite handsome and I know how to take care of myself.

"I'd be happy to." I say looking up at him to smile.

**********************************************
Hello beautiful people!
How did you like this chapter?
I'm just so excited for the next one. They are very fast aren't they? But I think next chapter isn't gonna be what you're expecting... :)
Happy Reading!