P A R T - 11

"Alina, bringing you here tonight. It wasn't for dinner, obviously. I wanted to see how you would do in my Empire, how you would handle yourself."

"You brought me here to recruit me to your bloody mafia?"

"Yeah sure, you get the gist of it."

Isn't this just perfect.

"What makes you think I will join? That I'll say yes. I've kept my business clean for a long time, why would I dirty it now?"

"But you haven't kept it clean, have you? L'Ombra."

Dread takes over my senses as I hear that name. It's been so long since someone last called me that. Reminds me of times I don't want to remember. Times when I was so desperate to earn, for money, to start my company that I did, let's just say bad things.

"Where'd you hear that name?"

"You see it's weird isn't it Alina, how you got the capital to build your completely legal company when you come from a middle class family. Where could you have gotten the sheer amount of capital needed for your little startup at the time?" He says looking me in my eyes. Taunting me. Showing me he knows and he will use it against me. "I never realized how much being an assassin paid or I would've done a few jobs on the side too. Tell me, how many kills is it that you got?"

So he knows. But not all of it, great.

"None of your business." I grit out, seething with anger.

"Using money you made from killing people to build your business doesn't really seem all that legal, does it cara?"

"What do you want?"

"Now we're talking." He smiles, "I want you to replace your father in my mafia. Well not directly, I don't trust you enough. For now Rick will take his place temporarily. You will be trained, sent to a few missions and when I know I can trust you, you will be my right hand. Is that clear cara?"

"Crystal."

"Good, we'll get your little body guard back to you then and you can leave."

Oh my god, Terry. Fuck, I completely forgot about him. Where the fuck was he? What did they do to him? Shit.

I see two men come out from the other room with Terry. He looks fine, except his earpiece is missing. These bastards

"Alina." He sighs as he sees me. "God you're okay, I heard- I heard a struggle. People fighting and-and I was worried. I was locked in their and I couldn't leave and-" He was frantic, clearly this did a number on him.

"Terry, I'm fine. Breathe. You know I can handle myself." I say to my bodyguard.

"Reeta would've killed me if something had happened to you. God she would break up with me."

"Yeah well I'm fine, aren't I? Let's get out of here now okay?" God, I'm definitely gonna get a lecture about this from Reeta...

Terry and Reeta. They were soul mates. Their love reminded me of my parents, it was them now who kept my perception of love sane in this generation. They met each other while working for me and when they fell in love, they fell hard. I remember how Reeta would swoon over him before they started dating. I felt that was disgusting ofcourse but it didn't matter beacuse she was happy. So happy. And when he asked her to marry him, he did it where they had their first date. All movie-romantic type, getting on one knee and stuff. Their wedding is supposed to be next year, November. They really are cute.

***
Hello Beautiful people! It's been a while... but I'm back. I guess. Idk lol. But I'll try my best to post consistently and I rlly hope yall will like this.
Anyways...
Gn! Gm! :)