P A R T - 9

It was Friday today. The last time I had a Friday night plan, it was my father's funeral.

I had huge mirror in my room. It was beautiful, looked almost antique. But it was the most high-tech mirror ever made. It wasn't even available on the market yet. A friend had sent it to me, custom. It basically had the ability to function as a mirror but it also had widgets and it worked touch screen. So Reeta updated my calendar on their and I could see my inbox on it. I didn't have much else on it except for my daily to-do which I'd shared with Reeta too.

Contrary to popular belief in my office, Reeta wasn't just my assistant. She was my best friend. We went to the same college, except she had to drop out in the middle of 2nd year because of her sister's deteriorating health. She had heart problems whuch were passed on from their father. She had to work 2 jobs on weekdays, and she even did odd jobs on the weekends because her family wasn't rich. They weren't poor either but medical bills piled up and her mother couldn't handle everything alone. She had to take care of her sister too (her mother) because they couldn't afford to keep a nurse. I'd sent some money to her which I earned in college while my business was still in the beginning stages, just trying to help her out.

After her sister died she was devastated. And on top of that, no company would hire her for proper jobs. So I offered her a job as my assistant. It's a six figure per annum salary. And no, I don't pay her extra beacuse she's my best friend. I pay her extra because she has to deal with me.

I thought working with her might get weird beacuse I don't like to mix business and pleasure, but we agreed that we'd keep both aspects of our life separate.

So, here we were now. Standing in my closet deciding what to wear tonight. Well she was deciding, I was answering important mails on my phone. I trusted her skills to chose the perfect dress for tonight. I told her I was gonna wear my signature-black. And this might be outside my office but it was still business. And she picked the perfect dress, and she picked the perfect heels, and she picked the perfect bag, and I knew u was going to look perfect tonight.
"I knew I could trust you Reeta, this is amazing." I complemented Reeta.

"I know, like you could ever doubt me." I couldn't.

It was a beautiful long dress with a modestly high slit, black pencil heels with gold embellishments and one of my YSL bags. It was giving 'yeah we're having dinner but I'm here to talk business'. And more importantly, the slit was high enough that I could hide my knives on that leg without them showing. Just perfect!

My make up just enhanced my features a bit with a light contour. But I ofcourse wore a dark eye and cherry-coke kinda lip combo.

"Oohh! Hot mama!" Said Reeta as I showed her what I looked like.

"Ewww who even- who even says that anymore, hahahaha!" I say choking on laughter trying hard to stop my tears from ruining my make up.

"Oh shut up, I say what I see." She snaps back.

"You mean I look pregnant?! You bitch!" I joke as we both laugh together.

***
I reached La Rossi at 8:55 with Terry by my side. As we walked towards the entrance, we noticed to guards outside. They stopped Terry.

"Mr. Rossi invited us." I state.

"Yes ma'am, we were made aware of that fact but we aren't informed about a bodyguard." One of them says pointing at Terry.

"That seems like a you problem, doesn't it?" I say trying to walk in but he starts talking again.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I can't allow-"

He's cut off by Luca Rossi coming out of the restaurant. "What's the problem here?" One look at the guards and they both start stuttering and stammering. He looked amazing, clad in an all black 3 peice suit. He towered over all of us. His hair was slicked back with a few peices falling on his face. He looked enchanting. I need to stop looking at him.

"Ugh. God, shut up. They won't let Terry in, thats the problem." I intervene with a groan annoyed at how easily the guards get spooked by him.

"I think that might be because we discussed your arrival at my restaurant not Terry's." He says Terry's name as if it left a bad taste on his tongue. Such a bitch.

"Well he doesn't go in, I don't go in. For security purposes, I hope you understand." I state simply, loving how much he hates it. I can see it on his face even though he hid it right the next second.

"Alright then, Welcome to La Rossi Terry." He says turning around as one of the guards opens the door for him. They follow us in, both the guards.

The restaurant was beautiful. The main colours which stood out were red and gold. It just looked so 'Italy'. Their was art all over the walls and those paintings must've been picked out by someone with taste because they were just... just right. I don't know how to describe it but it definitely didn't look like a restaurant used by the Italian mob for money laundering.
But it was empty. No one one was inside. On a Friday night. At one of the most popular restaurants of the area.
I mean I understand that he must've wanted privacy but why lose so much business? Is this his way of showing how much he appreciates our partnership? I don't know, something seems off.

"Don't worry, he'll sit away from us, won't hear what we say." I assure him as we walk.

"I'm afraid you'd have to go and get yourself checked for any transmission or recording devices on you before I can let you sit Terry. Why don't you go with my men, it'll be over in 5." Rossi says gesturing for Terry to follow them.

Terry looks at me as if asking if I think he should go.

"For security purposes, I hope you understand." Says Rossi, throwing my words back at me. "Just a formality. I trust you, you made the deal. He didn't. That's all."

Okay Rossi, I guess I'll manage 5 minutes without Terry. I nod at him and he follows them. Little did I know, they locked him in a room and took his earpiece.

"Why don't we sit miss Laghari." He says as pulls out a chair for me and I thank him sitting down.

"Did I mention, you look just ravishing tonight."

"Thankyou, you're not too hard on the eyes either."

I don't think I would've noticed it if I didn't look up at right that moment. He nodded his head at someone behind me. And as I turned around to look, a puch glided through the air right where my head was before.

**********************************************
Hello beautiful people! How are you?
Cliff hangerrrrr
How'd you like it?.
Maybe if I get more comments, vibes and reads, I'll be able to whip up the chapter a little faster. :)
Happy Reading!