CHAPTER 4

[Laureen's POV]

Why did I get myself into this? I've just developed a crush, and it's on that Yelo. And those two, Clio and Root; They can't seem to give me a break. Ever since Clio and I started talking, they won't stop pestering me. Each day, they manage to find a new reason to tease me. Even Yelo acts irritated whenever she sees me approaching.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Tiffany asked, and I turned to look at her.

"What are you talking about?" I replied.

"We've all noticed you sighing all day," Alexa chimed in.

"Why don't you share what's on your mind? Maybe we can help," Ems added.

"If only you knew," Clio said with a smirk.

I gave her a quick, disapproving look and glanced at our companions, except for Yelo who was busy eating. Argh!

"Why? What don't we know?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah. Is her problem serious?" Alexa inquired.

"Oh, it's really serious," Clio replied, laughing mischievously.

"What is it, then?" Tiffany pressed.

"That's because Laureen has someone who's ------ Ouch!" Clio stopped abruptly, wincing in pain as I intentionally stepped on her foot.

"That's enough, Clang. Don't tease someone in love," Root scolded her, and I just facepalmed.

Darn it! I had hoped this idiot would stay quiet. I was just about to be thankful because she was occupied eating. Damn!

"WHAT?!!!!" The three of them exclaimed simultaneously, while Yelo shot me a disdainful look.

"What's your problem, Yelo?" I muttered.

I was about to roll my eyes at her, but then the three of them burst into laughter.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" In the end, I could only glare at them.

"Is it the end of the world?" Alexa joked, holding her stomach.

"Sh*t! Laureen Santander is into someone? That's epic," Ems remarked while still laughing.

"But the real question is, does that person like her back?" The three of them fell silent at Clio's words. I shot her a death glare. This girl, seriously!

"I can't see any reason why people would like her! Tsk! You're all talking nonsense. So noisy!" Sofia blurted out before storming off. Ems was about to follow her, but Alexa stopped her.

Ouch! Why did she have to be the one to say something like that? T.T

I just lost my appetite.