CHAPTER 23

[ Sofia's POV ]

I had almost lost hope that this day would ever come, but I'm incredibly happy now. I can't stop smiling as I gaze at Laureen's peaceful sleeping face.

I don't know why I fell in love with this brat. She's the last person I thought I would love, given her bratty attitude. But, believe it or not, I've lived five years thinking she was gone forever. Five long years have passed, yet nothing has changed in my feelings for her.

All the pain she caused in the past, all of it just vanished with what she said yesterday.

Knock, knock, knock.

I looked outside the car and smiled when I saw Manang Shelly. I quickly got out of the car and received her warm embrace. It's evident that she missed me, too. I hugged her back.

Manang Shelly became like family to us during the time we stayed with her and Baby Aureen. We're in Benguet now, and I greeted her warmly.

"Oh, you have a guest, hijah! Let me prepare a snack so you two will have something to eat when she wakes up. You should rest too," Manang Shelly said as she followed me inside the house, with Laureen in my arms. I smiled and nodded in agreement, not wanting to wake Laureen up. I brought her into the bedroom, arranged her to sleep comfortably, and kissed her forehead before embracing her.

"I love you," I whispered to her before closing my eyes.

"Luv?" I heard someone call me, and then a gentle tap on my shoulder, so I woke up and smiled.

"You look beautiful," I said with a chuckle.

"Ice Queen" she said while giving me a light pat on the shoulder.

"Is it true, Luv? You look beautiful," I said and leaned closer to her.

"Where are we, Luv?" she asked while running her hand through my hair.

"We're at our house," I said, and she pushed me slightly, revealing her widened eyes.

"We have a house already?!!" she exclaimed with a surprised look, so I laughed at her reaction.

But she gave me a stern look because I laughed, so I grinned and straightened up.

"We're in Benguet, Luv. This is where Baby Aureen and I have been living for 5 years because I thought you were gone," I said, and I saw the sadness in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for making you wait for so long, and I'm sorry for hurting you so much when I woke up," she said while caressing my face, but I just smiled.

"Don't be sorry, Luv. What's important is that you're here, and we're together. We can finally be a family with Baby Aureen," I said, which made her smile, and she hugged me.

We talked for a while, and she asked about Baby Aureen. I saw her disappointment in the child's real parents. After that, we decided to go downstairs because we were getting hungry.

"Oh, you're awake. Come and have some food," Manang Shelly greeted us with a smile, so I smiled back.

"Manang, this is Laureen and Luv," I introduced them.

"Hello, Manang Shelly," Laureen greeted her and respectfully shook her hand, which surprised me.

Who would have thought that Laureen Santander knew how to give a proper handshake? It's not obvious at all. XD!"

"You are really beautiful. Finally, Sofia has seen you," Manang said, making me raise an eyebrow as I looked at her.

"How did you find out that Laureen was missing, Manang? And how did you know?" I asked, feeling confused, which made Manang chuckle.