CHAPTER 9

[ Sofia Pov ]

I felt like I was going crazy after reading those texts. She's alive! But why? I mean, I'm happy that she's alive. Yes, our private investigator confirmed it. But why the hell did she never show herself for six freaking years?

Six years!

Why now?

"You've spent so many hours here. Mind sharing with me what's on your mind?" someone asked behind me, but I didn't bother to turn around. Instead, I continued to hit and kick the punching bag. I was really going at it, taking out my frustrations on it. I knew it was Rain who had come in.

I had come to our headquarters after James's confirmation. I didn't know why, but I felt the need to release my pent-up emotions through this intense workout. There were so many questions swirling in my mind.

"Come on, Ice. What is it?" Rain asked again, now with her hand on my shoulder. So, I stopped and closed my eyes for a moment, trying to calm myself down.

"Call Clio and tell her to be here. I want to talk to both of you. And bring Root with her. I'm going to take a shower," I said coldly and left her without waiting for her response.

As I showered, I couldn't help but drown in my thoughts. I didn't understand what I was feeling. It was as if all the pain I had felt in the past came rushing back. I knew that they knew something, but they had never told me. I could sense that they were hiding something from me because they were afraid of how I would react. Maybe I was a fool not to have noticed what Clio had been trying to tell me the last time, "What if she's alive?" It all made sense now, and I needed to hear it from them, their reasons.

I sighed as I calmed myself down, trying to think of something that would help me relax. But the image of Auren with a tomato-red face kept appearing in my mind, making my heart race. Damn, what a wrong move!

After half an hour, I finished my shower. I felt better, and strangely, all the questions in my mind had disappeared. All I could think about was Auren. How she blushed when I teased her, how her lips looked, and how she made my heart flutter. Damn it! This was not the right time for these thoughts!

"What are we going to talk about?" Clio asked, her voice tinged with curiosity. I looked at her seriously.

I glanced at Rain and Root, and they both seemed nervous. Well, they weren't dumb. They had to know why they were here.

"Did you already know that Eye is alive and didn't plan on telling me?" I asked, my tone cold. I saw them pale, and I almost burst out laughing. They looked like they had seen a ghost.