CHAPTER 25

" AUREEEEEEEN! "

My angel.

"FVCK! SOFIA! IT'S AUREEN!"

"LUV!!! OUR CHILD!"

"LET'S TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!"

I dropped to my knees, my eyes locked on the horrifying scene unfolding before me. As Albert released me, he vanished into thin air, leaving me in a state of utter shock. Clio was shouting at me, but her words fell on deaf ears.

I was overwhelmed by a tumultuous mix of emotions, a seething tempest within my soul. I wanted to unleash a primal scream, to let the world know the magnitude of my anguish, but I was rendered voiceless. Tremors wracked my body, and I felt paralyzed, unable to comprehend the horror that had just transpired.

I had never fathomed that something like this could happen. Why did it have to be her? My precious angel, too innocent and pure to be caught up in the maelstrom of violence. My own child, a helpless victim of this nightmare. It was unfathomable, and my heart was consumed by an agonizing rage.

She should never have been harmed, if not for that malevolent presence—Albert Sandoval. Suddenly, my mind snapped back into focus, and the memory of that man flooded my thoughts. He would pay dearly for all of this. The weight of my fury and determination to seek vengeance washed over me, and I knew without a doubt, he would rue the day he crossed our path. F*ck!

Take Aureen to the hospital. I have unfinished business to attend to," I seethed as I approached Eye, her eyes burning with the same rage that consumed me. I paid no heed to her reddened eyes.

Eye silently handed me a significant object, a silent affirmation of our shared purpose. I took it, acknowledging its weight and responsibility, and with a resolute nod, I swiftly set off towards the direction where that vile monster had tread.

Some fools dared to stand in my path, trying to shield their demon, but my anger had no room for hesitation. With unrelenting fury, I dispatched them, one after another, and pressed on in relentless pursuit.

The trail led me to a desolate parking lot, and I noticed another exit, another avenue of escape. There was no escape, and I was determined to exact my vengeance, to make sure he paid for the horrors he'd unleashed upon us.

My relentless pursuit brought me to the perpetrator, who was trying to escape in his car. I aimed, and with precision, I fired at his tires. The vehicle swerved and collided with another, a cacophony of screeching tires and twisted metal.

Approaching the wreckage, I was met with his sinister laughter from within. He was still in control, or so he thought. The bulletproof glass withstood my fury, and he appeared to breathe a sigh of relief. The monster reveled in his perceived invincibility.

"You underestimated the depths of my wrath when you dared involve my innocent angel. What you did was nothing short of a suicidal act," I hissed, my voice heavy with indignation. I kept firing at the car's bulletproof window.

My relentless assault left him panicked and trapped inside, desperately trying to escape through the other side. I stopped him cold, a bullet to his left arm freezing his sinister mirth.

"That was my last bullet," I declared, and he continued to laugh manically.

"You can't kill m—," he began to say, but I silenced him, ending the sentence by pulling the trigger. The bullet pierced his forehead, ending the torment.