CHAPTER 20

[Lau's POV]

I furrowed my eyebrows as I angrily walked towards the Guidance Office. Damn! It's so far away, and it's scorching hot. Don't they have any cars here? Sheesh!

Curses were running through my mind as I thought about my annoying sibling's persistence. He wants me to continue my studies because he doesn't have a partner for the business Dad left behind.

My mood soured even further when I remembered Prime's story about Dad. I killed him, and I can't accept that I did it!

I heaved a sigh of exasperation when I finally reached the Guidance Office. I wiped away my sweat because it was unbearably hot.

Without any further ado, I angrily pushed the door open and was about to speak when my heart skipped a beat as I saw who was standing in front of me.

"WHERE'S THE HEAD OF THIS SCHOOL?" I asked, but the pounding in my chest quickened when I saw who was in front of me.

"Ah, never mind," I said and was about to turn around, but then she spoke.

"Ms. Satander, You're here to enroll yourself, right? Take a seat," she said, and I froze at the icy tone she used. I turned to face her and raised an eyebrow.

"What did you just call me? Mind you, it's Santander, not Satander, you dummy!" I snapped at her, but she just stared at me with her lifeless eyes.

Psh! Who does she think she is? She was chasing me around the other day, and now she's acting like this, all because she has that flirtatious Elise with her! Tsk!

I couldn't help it, and all sorts of thoughts filled my mind as I remembered what happened the other night. I walked away with a huff.

"Aren't you going to enroll yourself, Ms. Laureen? You know, what happened those past days has nothing to do with your transaction here. Let's just be civil," she said, causing me to stop again and return to her table.

"Fine!" I muttered and crossed my arms before taking a seat.

I spent nearly half an hour enrolling myself, and I was annoyed by this seemingly cold girl talking to me. It's infuriating!

She's no longer the "retarded" girl I used to know. She's like ice now! Maybe I can't even paint her face anymore because I suddenly saw her smiling, which made me frown.

"Is that your way of trying to get my attention? Don't get your hopes up, because unless you're the head of this school, I won't even dare to talk to you," I said, causing her to wipe her smile off her face. Good, you ice queen!

"You fool," she softly muttered, and I heard it, making me raise an eyebrow. Weird!

"Do you think I  really love you?" she said, lifting her face with a sly grin, but her eyes remained emotionless. So, I couldn't tell if what she said was true or not.

"You're a bratty bitch. How could I love you? Oh, and just so you know, we're just making fun of you. Suits yourself, Ms. Laureen, because the feeling is mutual. You can go now, miss," she said in a cold tone, and it rang true. Why?

Why did my heart suddenly ache? I should be happy because I never fell for a girl; That I don't have a girlfriend, so I should be happy. But why does it feel like my heart is being squeezed by what I just heard?

This scenario seems so familiar to me, but I can't place it. Oh, never mind! It's better that way!

So, I stood up when--

"WIFEEEEEEEEEEY!" I was startled back into my seat as a bee-like person entered. I shot her a glare, but she didn't pay attention to me and went straight to Yelo, hugging her tightly. How shameless!